What’s up with home games? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What’s up with home games?

We're a jump shooting team that has zero margin for error when shots aren't falling. We have to find players that can back their man down and score on basic fundamental post moves. It doesn't have to be some 5-star talent. ND found John Mooney.
we don't need people to back anyone down

we need ball handlers good enough to get create jump shots

If I’m not mistaken I believe the 99 team exited in the first round in an 8/9 game against Doug Gotleib led Okie St team. Let’s hope this team doesn’t repeat that performance

The Noon Thursday first (real) game of the tourney. That suuuuucked

Some players perform better away from the expectations of being in front of the home crowd. I played better on the road back in my ball playing days. My guess is that the team just has more of those types this year.

Don’t mean to be harsh. They put up a valiant comeback but giving a team 21 points within the first 7:44 of the game was the biggest deciding factor. Unbelievably we out scored them the remaining 32 minutes and 16 seconds of the game.
Not harsh at all. Ridiculous how much the team reverted in the last ten minutes, just like the first ten minutes.

Not harsh at all. Ridiculous how much the team reverted in the last ten minutes, just like the first ten minutes.

They expended so much energy in the comeback they just couldn’t sustain it. Most of these players are experienced but they don’t seem to make individual adjustments on the fly but need timeouts, coaching during timeouts and half times to recognize strategies to adjust to what they are seeing/doing.

If I’m not mistaken I believe the 99 team exited in the first round in an 8/9 game against Doug Gotleib led Okie St team. Let’s hope this team doesn’t repeat that performance
Unlikely.
Gottlieb graduated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom