What a great day to be a fan... | Syracusefan.com

What a great day to be a fan...

Shenexon

All American
While I understand the concern many have with specific elements of the team, my perspective is a good deal more positive. As one who has spent the better part of a lifetime as a fan from afar, yesterday was a great day in far more ways than the ones where it failed. I got to see many of you at the Fine tailgate and was duly impressed. The tailgate was large, food and drink were plentiful, and the positive vibes were overwhelming. You're a wonderful group...

Louisville scored too often and too easily, but I found myself expecting us to get within 7 at the end of the third quarter. That was our high water mark, but it was a good moment to have some hope of a comeback. Louisville is a great team but with a couple breaks at the end we could have made it interesting. I don't think we should overlook the potential for this team to have some breakout games. Kudos to the kids and coaches.

I got to cheer along with Tomcat which is like my most sacred pilgrimage. Texanmark was in front of us for the first half and I was oddly pleased that he often put his fingers in his ears when Tomcat and I reached the glass-shattering pitch. Twas a pleasure to help inflict some eardrum damage...the dome rocked at times and we helped...

Louisville scored too often and too easily, but I found myself expecting us to get within 7 at the end of the third quarter. That was our high water mark, but it was a good moment to have some hope of a comeback. Louisville is a great team but with a couple breaks at the end we could have made it interesting. I don't think we should overlook the potential for this team to have some breakout games. Kudos to the kids and coaches.

Agree completely. The excitement following the way we closed the first half pulling within 14 and ready to receive the 2nd half kickoff combined with the way the defense was able to adjust and improve dramatically as the game went on against Colgate had me anticipating a great final 30. Unfortunately the 3 and out killed that quickly and Jackson just kept coming- most disappointing aspect of the game for me.

Glad you enjoyed the tailgate. My guys had a ball putting it all together. I think giacofan is ready to retire and become a full time tailgater!

Last edited:
Great post Don! Was a pleasure to watch the game with you and Tom. The dome was loud and proud at 70% capacity. I hope Dino can bring us to 100% someday soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom