What a great forum (melodramatic perspective) | Syracusefan.com

What a great forum (melodramatic perspective)

chakka3421

All Conference
First my thanks to the moderators who allow differing opinions to be posted regardless. Special thank you to Orangeyes as I will continue to read his summaries for news on our beloved Orange.

Whether DM comes back or not, it is important to welcome him back with open arms. Many of you have no clue what he does off of the field for the players, FB program and the University. If he gets a job as a head coach, he will do everything he can do to promote SU while in the NFL (best if he is close meaning Buffalo). Consider this - a Syracuse player, NFL player, NFL assistant, Syracuse HC and eventually a NFL head coach. Makes me feel so proud in many ways I cannot share here.

We know, as I have pointed out, the issues facing the FB program. The ability to pay competitive and fair wages, facilities issues, fundraising, promotion, administration - no real difference either here or at many other universities. I was blindsided, like many both on the inside and out, that this was the year DM would put his name in the hat for an NFL HC job. I personally wished him well either way.

However, DM is just a HC who has done everything in his power to bring the FB program back from the ashes back to the level of respectability it now has. I commend him highly for that. Anyone, I mean everyone, cannot expect anyone in his position to do any better given the resources available to him. Do NOT expect anyone else to do anything better moving forward - either winning or recruiting - than what he has done. If any coach is that good, he won't be here for long.

Another however, the most strategic issue moving forward is not about DM staying or going, the issue will be the new chancellor's attitude and leadership regarding athletics and especially the football program. Do we get someone like we had who tells us to "get a life" or do we get one like for a simple example, what they have done at Clemson. Same goes for our AD TGD as I do not expect him to be here after Cantor leaves - by the way he has done a fantastic job and should be applauded for getting us into the ACC.

My wish is that the BoT hires a visionary that not only focuses on academics (must be first) but also a proven visionary who understands the new reality of college athletics.

Finally, I bid you all farewell. I know many of you didnt like what I had to say lately, I just wish I had posted these issues sooner but I did not think DM was headed this year to the NFL. To the mods, thank you again and please delete my account as I cannot figure out how do that myself.

First my thanks to the moderators who allow differing opinions to be posted regardless. Special thank you to Orangeyes as I will continue to read his summaries for news on our beloved Orange.

Whether DM comes back or not, it is important to welcome him back with open arms. Many of you have no clue what he does off of the field for the players, FB program and the University. If he gets a job as a head coach, he will do everything he can do to promote SU while in the NFL (best if he is close meaning Buffalo). Consider this - a Syracuse player, NFL player, NFL assistant, Syracuse HC and eventually a NFL head coach. Makes me feel so proud in many ways I cannot share here.

We know, as I have pointed out, the issues facing the FB program. The ability to pay competitive and fair wages, facilities issues, fundraising, promotion, administration - no real difference either here or at many other universities. I was blindsided, like many both on the inside and out, that this was the year DM would put his name in the hat for an NFL HC job. I personally wished him well either way.

However, DM is just a HC who has done everything in his power to bring the FB program back from the ashes back to the level of respectability it now has. I commend him highly for that. Anyone, I mean everyone, cannot expect anyone in his position to do any better given the resources available to him. Do NOT expect anyone else to do anything better moving forward - either winning or recruiting - than what he has done. If any coach is that good, he won't be here for long.

Another however, the most strategic issue moving forward is not about DM staying or going, the issue will be the new chancellor's attitude and leadership regarding athletics and especially the football program. Do we get someone like we had who tells us to "get a life" or do we get one like for a simple example, what they have done at Clemson. Same goes for our AD TGD as I do not expect him to be here after Cantor leaves - by the way he has done a fantastic job and should be applauded for getting us into the ACC.

My wish is that the BoT hires a visionary that not only focuses on academics (must be first) but also a proven visionary who understands the new reality of college athletics.

Finally, I bid you all farewell. I know many of you didnt like what I had to say lately, I just wish I had posted these issues sooner but I did not think DM was headed this year to the NFL. To the mods, thank you again and please delete my account as I cannot figure out how do that myself.
Sorry to see you go! ENjoyed your posts. Take care

Thank you chakka. But no need to leave.. Say awhile.. But one question? Are you HCDM?

Where is the "not sure if serious" Joker pic when you need it?

No need to leave at all, relax.

I don't get the "many of you didn't like what I had to say" part. So because a few people took offense to it your going to stop posting forever? How about keeping your account and just send me PM's about stuff.

dude calm down while me and you went back and forth on the expansion threads months ago I never sensed hostility either way. Just take some timeoff no need to take your ball and go home. You took heat because you spread hearsay on the internet oh well just bring your opinion and move on. I like your posts but the BoT one was wrong oh well.

Chakka...you need to stay. We need all different perspectives.

"Do NOT expect anyone else to do anything better moving forward - either winning or recruiting - than what he has done."

That's just plain silly. I respect the job that's he done here but he's not JC.

I will never forget What's-His-Name.

Remember when you guys were ripping the Basketball Board during the MCW stuff? Yeah...

Basketball board-esque. No question about it. If HCDM knew that the football board had turned into the bball board, he'd make a decision already.

Leave, you lose. Stay, you play. What you thinkin', dude? C'mon...

Fine, I'm leaving too. Two can play this game.

If Marrone stays, I'll stay. Your move Coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom