What a job by this staff | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What a job by this staff

This coaching staff has done a remarkable job across the board. That includes conditioning. Syracuse has been in better shape than any of their opponents. That’s why Coach Babers had the team going crazy before the start of the fourth quarter, while Miami players were walking slowly to the sideline. He wanted to send a message.
In addition to what is shaping up as an excellent recruiting class, there are many young players who have either redshirted or played little who have steadily progressed. My son has added 10 pounds of muscle since July and probably will add at least that much before next season, while improving in all the other areas. He’s played enough to see what the competition is like, which will benefit him enormously when his time comes. These young guys respect the hell out of the veterans, who are showing them what it takes. But they also have a quiet confidence and even a little impatience because they know how much talent they have. Fans simply can’t appreciate how good these guys will be because they haven’t seen them and aren’t factoring in the huge strides players make in their first year of training in a great program. This is the class that coach Babers had a full year to get and it will show that among the many things that makes this coaching staff so good, they are top-notch recruiters and graders of talent. They rarely miss on a guy. These young players are far ahead of where many veterans were at the same stage. With a full year of conditioning under what may be the best strength program in the country, fans are going to be amazed how much better some of these young players become. My son had more than 30 offers. I’m so grateful he picked Syracuse.

This coaching staff has done a remarkable job across the board. That includes conditioning. Syracuse has been in better shape than any of their opponents. That’s why Coach Babers had the team going crazy before the start of the fourth quarter, while Miami players were walking slowly to the sideline. He wanted to send a message.
In addition to what is shaping up as an excellent recruiting class, there are many young players who have either redshirted or played little who have steadily progressed. My son has added 10 pounds of muscle since July and probably will add at least that much before next season, while improving in all the other areas. He’s played enough to see what the competition is like, which will benefit him enormously when his time comes. These young guys respect the hell out of the veterans, who are showing them what it takes. But they also have a quiet confidence and even a little impatience because they know how much talent they have. Fans simply can’t appreciate how good these guys will be because they haven’t seen them and aren’t factoring in the huge strides players make in their first year of training in a great program. This is the class that coach Babers had a full year to get and it will show that among the many things that makes this coaching staff so good, they are top-notch recruiters and graders of talent. They rarely miss on a guy. These young players are far ahead of where many veterans were at the same stage. With a full year of conditioning under what may be the best strength program in the country, fans are going to be amazed how much better some of these young players become. My son had more than 30 offers. I’m so grateful he picked Syracuse.
Count me among those who will not be surprised!

I may have missed it. Who is your boy if I can ask.

Canes came ready to play? They were there for the taking, but again, we started like we did against LSU and NCST. ED was awful along with the play calling. Looked like weeks 1-4. No middle, no TE, no confidence.

It's not delusional.

You can be both complementary of the staff/future and critical of these road games we've lost.

I'm "all in" on this staff. They're recruiting better players and, like our basketball team, recruit to the scheme. Once we revamp the secondary and get some more depth, I see no reason we won't be a perennial Top 25 program again. Dino is the truth and our S/C program is incredible.

However, the next step is winning these road games. We've lost 3 road games to 3 ranked teams all in the same fashion. We played 2/3 of a game with massive mistakes and unfocused/undisciplined effort sabotaging our chances in the other 1/3. That's something we seriously need to clean up if we want any chance on the road against solid teams in Louisville and FSU.

It seems like Ish8888 isn't happy unless we play the absolute perfect game. Sometimes you just have to tip the cap to the other team. They are out there playing too, you aren't going to execute 100% of the time, on both sides of the ball, every time you step on the field. Yesterday, Miami played an exceptional defensive game. It was a great game plan by Manny Diaz. Even with all that we were still knocking on the door to win the game, on the road, vs a top 10 team full of 4 and 5 star recruits. We have a young team that is still learning how to win. They showed they can pull off the big win at home, the next step is finding a way to win on the road. It's going to come, but man some people either have no patience, or are just totally unrealistic.

As far as harping on the secondary, I just don't get it? I think this unit has made the biggest strides on the team? In just 2 years Dino has already made this unit formidable. Yesterday, we played with 2 starters, and for the most part were OK. In CFB 2017 there is no such thing as shutting teams down (unless you are Kansas). They may not have been great yesterday, but for the year have been outstanding. Evan Foster is an absolute stud and is a star in the making. Same goes for Chris Frederick and for that matter Scoop, as we saw how much of a drop off it is when he isn't on the field. I guess my point is there is no revamping. The kids you see out there now...Frederick, Scoop, and Foster are the future. They all have 2 more years after this year. Not to mention Cordy, Dowels, Williams all have another year. The group you see now will be the nucleus for the next 2 seasons. This is a young group with an absolutely monster ceiling. Personally, I feel Frederick, Foster, and Cordy can all be all-league players, and Scoop isn't that far off..

It seems like Ish8888 isn't happy unless we play the absolute perfect game. Sometimes you just have to tip the cap to the other team. They are out there playing too, you aren't going to execute 100% of the time, on both sides of the ball, every time you step on the field. Yesterday, Miami played an exceptional defensive game. It was a great game plan by Manny Diaz. Even with all that we were still knocking on the door to win the game, on the road, vs a top 10 team full of 4 and 5 star recruits. We have a young team that is still learning how to win. They showed they can pull off the big win at home, the next step is finding a way to win on the road. It's going to come, but man some people either have no patience, or are just totally unrealistic.

As far as harping on the secondary, I just don't get it? I think this unit has made the biggest strides on the team? In just 2 years Dino has already made this unit formidable. Yesterday, we played with 2 starters, and for the most part were OK. In CFB 2017 there is no such thing as shutting teams down (unless you are Kansas). They may not have been great yesterday, but for the year have been outstanding. Evan Foster is an absolute stud and is a star in the making. Same goes for Chris Frederick and for that matter Scoop, as we saw how much of a drop off it is when he isn't on the field. I guess my point is there is no revamping. The kids you see out there now...Frederick, Scoop, and Foster are the future. They all have 2 more years after this year. Not to mention Cordy, Dowels, Williams all have another year. The group you see now will be the nucleus for the next 2 seasons. This is a young group with an absolutely monster ceiling. Personally, I feel Frederick, Foster, and Cordy can all be all-league players, and Scoop isn't that far off..

No harping on the secondary here, i love what ward and the D , specifically, the Dline and Secondary has accomplished. They were awesome and kept us in the game, a game where most teams would be toast on the road with first quarter, even first 20:00 poor play calling, a top 5 national qb lobbing the ball off his back foot for 4 picks and an offense that wasnt ready to play offense from the start. So, no, not looking for the perfect game, just a team, an offense that is ready to compete in the first quarter. ED is a national qb that was embarrassed last night. The play calling didnt take advantage of the middle. The middle is key in cfb and its there for the taking, instead we choose to float sideline passes into triple coverage. So, the perfect game? No, but a solid Offensive game plan from the kick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom