What a Season | Syracusefan.com

What a Season

anomander

Living Legend
Wow that was fun. When was the last time we could honestly say that? 10-3 with 2 4th down stops away from who knows what. Outside of Notre Dame we came to play every single game. This wasn't some fluke season either. The great thing is there is so much meat left on the bone you can taste what's left. As great as this season was the ceiling hasn't even come close to being reached. Sure most years FSU won't be as bad as they were, but other than them being better, there is absolutely no reason we can't continue to duplicate this type of effort on an annual basis. I think it's abundantly clear to anybody with a set of eye balls that we have one of the top HC's in the country. I think his ability to maximize effort and build culture inside the program can make up for some of the talent deficiencies we may have towards the back end of the roster. I think the last 2 home games of the season along with an amazing turn out by Orange fans at the bowl game will show Dino that this fan base is dying to get behind this program again. This just furthers the fact that he can and will win big here. This was an unforgettable season, and a couple plays away from a magical one. The best thing is that it is just the beginning. I will enjoy this, but now the expectations are set. 2018 was great, but let's make 2019 magical. The train has left the station. The corner has been turned, the Orange have arrived and they are here to stay!!!

Lets Go Orange!!!

Totally agree with the effort, culture and Dino's place as one of the top coaches in the country. Believed it in his pressers. Confirmed in our performances. We are not just on the upswing but scaring the s#:÷ out of our opponents because we are no fluke. Cant remember the last time. LGO.

Wow that was fun. When was the last time we could honestly say that? 10-3 with 2 4th down stops away from who knows what. Outside of Notre Dame we came to play every single game. This wasn't some fluke season either. The great thing is there is so much meat left on the bone you can taste what's left. As great as this season was the ceiling hasn't even come close to being reached. Sure most years FSU won't be as bad as they were, but other than them being better, there is absolutely no reason we can't continue to duplicate this type of effort on an annual basis. I think it's abundantly clear to anybody with a set of eye balls that we have one of the top HC's in the country. I think his ability to maximize effort and build culture inside the program can make up for some of the talent deficiencies we may have towards the back end of the roster. I think the last 2 home games of the season along with an amazing turn out by Orange fans at the bowl game will show Dino that this fan base is dying to get behind this program again. This just furthers the fact that he can and will win big here. This was an unforgettable season, and a couple plays away from a magical one. The best thing is that it is just the beginning. I will enjoy this, but now the expectations are set. 2018 was great, but let's make 2019 magical. The train has left the station. The corner has been turned, the Orange have arrived and they are here to stay!!!

Lets Go Orange!!!

Loved your post...except for the part about the train...

I have had season football tickets for 5 years. I bought them because I wanted to support the team and they were very cheap (full confession). I have almost always made my travel plans in the fall without considering our home games. If I missed a game, well, it was okay. I could always record it and watch it when I got home. (Luckily, I was at the Clemson game last year! If I had missed that one, I would have doused myself in gasoline and lit the match.)

Next year? I will have major Fear Of Missing Out. I will make my plans AROUND the home schedule. I will make sure my rear is in those miserable god awful seats. I am so happy for Eric Dungey, Dino Babers, our team, and our fans!! And those season tickets have become pure gold.

Let’s go Orange!

Lets Go Orange!!!

Great post.

It is funny to think back before the Florida State game, when you expressed optimism about how this season would unfold, and caught a lot of guff from chicken littles.

You're also 100% right that we're just starting to scratch the surface. We aren't anywhere close to optimized personnel-wise. But we're getting closer.

If we can have a 10 win season entering a season with totally unproven WR / LB corps, what are we going to be capable of when we have a full compliment of guys who have been recruited for our systems on both sides of the ball, and year-over-year continuity at every positional unit?

Again, great post.

Great post.

It is funny to think back before the Florida State game, when you expressed optimism about how this season would unfold, and caught a lot of guff from chicken littles.

You're also 100% right that we're just starting to scratch the surface. We aren't anywhere close to optimized personnel-wise. But we're getting closer.

If we can have a 10 win season entering a season with totally unproven WR / LB corps, what are we going to be capable of when we have a full compliment of guys who have been recruited for our systems on both sides of the ball, and year-over-year continuity at every positional unit?

Again, great post.

I do remember that thread and how frustrating it was. I thought it was clear early on that this wasn't the same Syracuse team. Then again years of losing probably made it unimaginable in the eyes of some.

Going forward we just have to sure up the OL. I don't think we can count on a blessing like Koda Martin again, but even so we have 3 starting OLineman with heaps of experience and both of the Davis' who played in the jumbo package all year. I don't think we will have an issue with experience. I just don't know if we will have that high end offensive lineman. The progression in the development of the young OT's like Clark, White, and Froumy will be of a huge importance next year. Other than that and to a lesser extent DT, I feel very comfortable where the top end of the rest of the position groups stand. We need to fill out the back end of some position groups, but our top guys are ready to compete with the best in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom