What ACCT seed is "best" for Syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

What ACCT seed is "best" for Syracuse?

RF2044

Living Legend
I know that the answer is -- the highest seed we can get.

But now that things are starting to crystalize -- and with us needing as many wins as possible -- is there a seeding that is more beneficial to our cause due to favorable [on paper] match-ups? Or is the answer still "highest seed?"

The 6 seed. Especially if Virginia is the 3 seed. I think we have a much better chance of beating them in the quarters assuming we make it there than duke, UNC or Clemson especially.
Yeah, I'm with you. Who knows, maybe we could make a run?

The 6 seed. Especially if Virginia is the 3 seed. I think we have a much better chance of beating them in the quarters assuming we make it there than duke, UNC or Clemson especially.
Agreed.

Need to stack wins.

And get a bit lucky in terms of dominoes toppling favorably around us with other bubble teams. But I like that path the most that you suggest [i.e. 6 seed].

Agreed.

Need to stack wins.

And get a bit lucky in terms of dominoes toppling favorably around us with other bubble teams. But I like that path the most that you suggest [i.e. 6 seed].
even if we won last night I still thought based on what we needed in terms of wins, etc the 6 seed was always the better path. I mean if we had won last night and then gone 1-1 in the ACC tourney I dont think that would have gotten it done. On the flip side we now need a minimum of 3 wins next week to even be considered

Sign me up for the 6! (It could be Duke in that Semifinal spot, I picked UNC to lose Saturday in the bracket machine)

Screenshot_20240306_081707_Chrome.jpg

We're either 5 (if Wake loses to Clemson) or 6 (if Wake beats Clemson), right?

We're either 5 (if Wake loses to Clemson) or 6 (if Wake beats Clemson), right?
To get the 5 seed we need NC State (vs Pitt) and Clemson (vs WF) to win. To get the six seed we need Pitt to win and WF to lose or vise versa. We fall to 7th if Pitt and WF both win.

But now that things are starting to crystalize -- and with us needing as many wins as possible -- is there a seeding that is more beneficial to our cause due to favorable [on paper] match-ups? Or is the answer still "highest seed?"
The 6 clearly gives us the easiest path to the semis, and then we at least have a shot at a couple more to win the whole thing. I suppose there is some whacky scenario where playing (and beating) UNC or Duke sooner gives us a better shot if we get only 2 or 3 wins, but that's a super long shot. I'd rather get some momentum ala 2006 and just go for it all.

As the great tom petty so succinctly penned.

the waiting is the hardest part.

I think 6 is the best path and also most likely where we end up. If we beat the miami/G Tech winner and beat UVA and UNC and we probably get in. I don't think just beating UVA would be enough.

I'd like to see UVA then Duke then finals. I think those 3 wins gets us in

Seriously this season is a win no matter what getting out of that dumpster 8/9 nooner game. Can't remember where the guy posted that he already booked the conference room

that 8-9 nooner game should be titled the "Syracuse Invitational." We have been in that game 6 times since we joined the ACC and for the last 3 consecutive years. I too am overjoyed we are out of that stinker and playing the first game at night for once.

that 8-9 nooner game should be titled the "Syracuse Invitational." We have been in that game 6 times since we joined the ACC and for the last 3 consecutive years. I too am overjoyed we are out of that stinker and playing the first game at night for once.
Yeah, that game sucks. I like a 9:30pm game, although man, I will be so high by the time it starts.

When Les Robinson was the coach at NC State and the ACC was nine teams, the 8 v. 9 game was called the "Les Robinson Invitational" because he was in it 4 out of 5 years.

One big thing I want to see is team basketball too. No Judah trying to win it by himself please no matter who we face
And Judah, and JJ need to not play Matador defense. Either guard someone or sit, it doesn't matter if you are good on the offensive end if you don't play on the defensive end.
Players like DC and Rony wouldn't have put up with that nonsense more then one game.

And Judah, and JJ need to not play Matador defense. Either guard someone or sit, it doesn't matter if you are good on the offensive end if you don't play on the defensive end.
Players like DC and Rony wouldn't have put up with that nonsense more then one game.

Exactly

The sixth seed will give two easier rounds before meeting with Duke or UNC. And no matter what, we will play four games to win the championship. There is no path to fourth seed or better.

Answer is 6 no doubt. I'd say chances of beating duke 5-10%, clemson 25-30%, and Virginia 45-50%.

I am hoping for 6. We owe UVA and have had some success against them in huge games in the past.

I am hoping for 6. We owe UVA and have had some success against them in huge games in the past.
Not much success other than 2016. We have the worst conference record against them (2-12) than any other team in our league. That said, each year is different and I agree, I'd rather face them next week early on versus unc and dook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom