What all time Syracuse recruit were you most excited about? Be honest. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What all time Syracuse recruit were you most excited about? Be honest.

Paul Harris

greatest HS player i've ever seen in person...the kid was UNREAL on that Niagara Falls team..had all the tools.
when he came in and destroyed East High of rochester at Blue cross, i knew the kid was the real deal

If I'm being completely honest, Utica's own Josh Wright. Living in a neighboring town, I probably saw him play 25-30 HS games in person, including every home game his Senior year. He used to put on a dunk show in warmups (coach allowed it & accepted the technical), score 30 against a double team without breaking a sweat in the 1st half, chill on the bench the entire 2nd half, & then spend 30 mins taking pics with the other team's players, cheerleaders, & fans. Once watched him go for 56 in 3 8 min quarters with 10 3s. I'm of the opinion that he, like Dajuan, should have transferred to a prep school to play against a national schedule instead of dominating Section 3 but I enjoyed watching him up close & was thrilled to see a local in Orange.

Like someone else said. The Pearl. Then Billy Owens. They really started us being involved in the serious recruiting conversation for the top recruits. This has culminated in the past few exciting years where we can reach the top of the tree rather than stand below and try to shake the fruit down.

I'm pretty young, so I didn't follow recruits until maybe 2006 or so.

1) Donte Greene
2) Flynn
3) Waiters

I was never big on Harris. Always thought he was too short to make a significant impact at SF.

3 that to me were head and shoulders above anyone else.

Pearl
Owens
Walton

Heck, when Owens committed I had it put it on a scrolling video board at work.

Pearl, it's kind of funny how great he was and he stayed for 3 years. He truly lived up to his hype.

I would say Walton also. That's when I first started following SU recruiting, and that, in a roundabout way, led me to the AOL board that had so many of the posters here. I never posted there (I was like 15 or something), but since that's the recruit that really elevated my fandom to the next level, he's got to be the guy.

And recently? Chris McCullough. So much potential. Don't let me down, Chris.