What are the most highly-touted recruiting classes in Syracuse basketball history? | Syracusefan.com

What are the most highly-touted recruiting classes in Syracuse basketball history?

Were flynn and harris seperate recruiting classes? I thought they were the same

That may have reflected the national ratings, but it sure was "off" in terms of actual performance. That 1986 class would get my vote as the best ever, followed closely by Billy Owen's group. For that second class to be at #7 is a joke. Again, I get that this is all based upon national ratings versus how things actually turned out.

Were flynn and harris seperate recruiting classes? I thought they were the same

One year apart as was said already, maybe I should get off here and do some actual work today. Oh wait it is Friday in South Carolina so everyone is pretending to work.

One year apart as was said already, maybe I should get off here and do some actual work today. Oh wait it is Friday in South Carolina so everyone is pretending to work.
Personally I think getting off would be more enjoyable. ;)

I believe 2007 was ranked #2...Flynn, Greene, Scoop, Jackson, Williams and Kristof.

Personally, I would put the Derrick Coleman class at the top of the list. However, I have always been very biased toward DC.

Great article, thanks for sharing.
Yes, that class included DC, Stevie, Earl Duncan, Hughes, and Matt Roe. The first three were Top 25's at that time and Hughes, I believe was also a Top 50 or Top 75 kid. Roe was an underrated find. Too bad the last three did not stick with the Cuse.

They are badly sleeping on the 2001 class. Warrick, Edelin, Pace, and Forth were all integral contributors to our national title. 4 of the 8 guys that played on that team were in this class. Edelin was our first big time recruit in years. Warrick became an all time great.

And this class came on the heels of a couple weak classes. This was the one that turned it around and got us back on track.

Surprised the 1996/97 Class wasn't mentioned.

Jason Hart
Etan Thomas
Rock Lloyd
Lasean Howard
Ryan Blackwell (transfer)
Winfred Walton!!!

Surprised the 1996/97 Class wasn't mentioned.

Jason Hart
Etan Thomas
Rock Lloyd
Lasean Howard
Ryan Blackwell (transfer)
Winfred Walton!!!

Yup, that class was highly thought of coming in and performed pretty well. Walton would’ve made it one of our best classes ever, and the ceiling would’ve been higher than 4 seed/sweet 16 with that group if we had him.