What are you most excited to see this season? | Syracusefan.com

What are you most excited to see this season?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I'll start:
  • Whether we may have a pretty good offensive line - it will make all the difference in the world
  • Whether the interior defense can hold up against power running games
  • Watching McCord throw the ball to all these receivers
  • Having a pretty good looking group of running backs, so it's not all on one guy
If these things happen, we are going to have a special year.

Imposing our will and not being the scrappy upstart with the heart of a champion that puts up a good fight but is eventually overmatched

He is certainly bringing in BIG BOYS at pretty much every position.
I feel like we've had coaches focus on this (like Marrone comes to mind, how he recruited linemen), but nobody implement like this in 30 years.

On offense win the battles in short yardage, get first downs. On defense make the stops in short yardage
The other thing is win the turnover battle.

I feel like we got a lot of talent added to the defensive secondary, and we retained some really important guys in the heart of the defense.

I feel like if we can defend the run up the gut against the biggest teams, the rest of the talent on the defense is good enough that we can be a very good team.

I'll start:
  • Whether we may have a pretty good offensive line - it will make all the difference in the world
  • Whether the interior defense can hold up against power running games
  • Watching McCord throw the ball to all these receivers
  • Having a pretty good looking group of running backs, so it's not all on one guy
If these things happen, we are going to have a special year.
How many victory formations we enter into.

An OL that moves people, road grader style and Keeps Kyle upright. Like HCFB said “we want to be able to run the ball, when they know we are running the ball” Impose our will on people!

A nice 15 play 8+ minute drive in the 4th qtr and then taking a knee to end the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom