What are you most excited to see this season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are you most excited to see this season?

It’s been a long time since we watched a legitimate NFL QB on the hill. I cannot wait to see if McCord can live up to the hype. I certainly think he can
and yet the QB that is ranked about 10th in the ACC. the league must be loaded at QB..

Seems like SU never could get enough D-linemen to fill out a great front 4. Some great DEs and nose tackles stand out especially, but for this year, I'm most excited to see what our DC Associate HC rolls out for the D-line. How he keeps our guys in the backfield or stuffing the run all game long.

Less “the sky is falling” posts. But seriously I’m looking forward to seeing many touchdown throws from our new quarterback.

Going into each game knowing we have a good chance to win. I try to be optimistic, but I knew that UNC, FSU, Va Tech stretch was going to be rough last year, but it was much worse than even I expected.

Last edited:
I want to see more of Dan Villari with the ball in his hands. He was phenomenal against Clemson last year. More of that please! ( but not as a quarterback, sorry Dan )
I love the idea of Villari coming in for 3rd/4th and short plays. I hope Fran utilizes him in that regard. It would also minimize the number of hits McCord is taking, because as we know losing him would be a catastrophe.

I want to see everything that everyone has mentioned. But in general, I want to see Syracuse SWAG back. I want to see the confidence in our players faces that they should win every game. That is what attracts future recruits. I can't wait to talk to smug gator fans down here in Florida that usually blow off any discussion of Syracuse.

I'm most excited/anxious for a season with a fair amount of hype to not blow up in our face before we get out of August. Even better if we are feeling good after GTech.

What game weeks look like (comms, posts, mktg, etc)
Fran post games (plus other coaches!)
Can we get a 2012 OL/RB combo in 2024 (protect the QB, multiple reliable RBs)
Jeff Nixon's O
Elijah's D
Fran's mentality on 4th and shorts, clock management, etc
Penalties -- we're bound to have them, but where are the problems, can we solve, etc.
LAS VEGAS BABY

Beautiful basics:
>> Minimal dumb penalties
>> Good clock management
>> Smart decisions on 4th downs based on personnel, etc
>> Solid OL play
>> FGs inside of 40 are a lock, 45 almost a lock; punting is solid.

More exciting stuff:
>> WRs/TEs that are ballers with a QB that can get the ball to them.
>> In general, overall speed and athleticism being featured in the Dome on our turf on both O and D.

Sentimental stuff:
>> Would love to see the guys that stayed (OG, Wax, etc) really have great years as a bridge to the future

Overall:
>> CFPs (no biggie, right?)

I will be excited and happy to see a team that can consistently win at least 8-9 games every season.
A streak of winning 8+ regular season games for at least 3 consecutive seasons has happened once (95-98) in Syracuse football history. It's an exceedingly high mark.

I look forward to seeing what the Fran Brown era can accomplish on the field. The impact of his success or failure cannot be understated given this unprecedented time in "college" sports and the transformation that is already underway. Just win...

For me, it's pretty simple...OWNERSHIP!

As seen with Coach Fran's notable impact on the recruiting trail to date, placing all EXCUSES in the rear view once and for all and just get it done! A complete cleanse of the program's culture and of all its woe is us/Syracuse malarkey. From the top brass, all the way down to this place here.

For me, it's pretty simple...OWNERSHIP!

As seen with Coach Fran's notable impact on the recruiting trail to date, placing all EXCUSES in the rear view once and for all and just get it done! A complete cleanse of the program's culture and of all its woe is us/Syracuse malarkey. From the top brass, all the way down to this place here.
Yes because there can't be ACCOUNTABILITY if there isn't OWNERSHIP. ;)