What can happen when.. | Syracusefan.com

What can happen when..

buffalorange

2nd String
you leave your starting QB in the game well into the 4th quarter of a game that is already decided and then call (what looked to me) a planned QB run:

Pat Narduzzi leaves Pitt's quarterback situation cloudy ahead of visit to No. 20 SMU​

Sorry the kid may be injured, but no sympathy for Pitt.

SMU favored by 7. Student tickets have already sold out for the game. Should be loud. Die Schpitt.

SMU favored by 7. Student tickets have already sold out for the game. Should be loud. Die Schpitt.
The thing I find interesting is that SMU had 4 turnovers against Duke on Saturday, but still found a way to win.

If they turn the ball over again like that against Pitt, with their defense, SMU is not going to win.

Hopefully for their sake, the Duke game taught them a lesson regarding ball security that was badly needed.

I think they have a much better offense than Pitt does. Especially if Eli is still out with his concussion.

If they can finish with 0-1 turnovers, I like SMU's chances. If they get more than that, Pitt is probably going to win. What Pitt did to us is not unusual for them. Their offense has largely struggled to make sustained drives or put up big yardage. They rely on their defense to turn the ball over and make big plays when they play tougher teams.

The thing I find interesting is that SMU had 4 turnovers against Duke on Saturday, but still found a way to win.

If they turn the ball over again like that against Pitt, with their defense, SMU is not going to win.

Hopefully for their sake, the Duke game taught them a lesson regarding ball security that was badly needed.

I think they have a much better offense than Pitt does. Especially if Eli is still out with his concussion.

If they can finish with 0-1 turnovers, I like SMU's chances. If they get more than that, Pitt is probably going to win. What Pitt did to us is not unusual for them. Their offense has largely struggled to make sustained drives or put up big yardage. They rely on their defense to turn the ball over and make big plays when they play tougher teams.

A box score I read indicates SMU had a total of 6 turnovers. 4 fumbles (3 lost), 3 interceptions. It is amazing that they still won. I think in one post-game article the SMU coach stated how lucky they were to prevail despite the miscues.

On the other hand, Fran left Kyle in the blowout until he finally sacked himself to end it all.
we left Kyle in because we are building a culture and reps with the young WRs. Fine if you leave the QB in with game in hand. But dont run plays that will get him hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom