what coach in america would now want the penn st. job. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

what coach in america would now want the penn st. job.

I'm not so sure you can say that right now.If the latest rumors are proven to be true(pimping kids to boosters) and in any way linked to the football program,the whole thing could get nuked.
Well, that is a reach.
You would have to spell out how that is linked and who you think is going to do any nuking.
The BOT, the interim President and the local authorities have a lot to sort out -- I would expect the NCAA to defer entirely; only get involved if it became something the NCAA normally has jurisdiction over. How boosters get involved with athletes would be one thing; how boosters get involved with the young wards of a former coach is very different (the latter being something the police and DA would take under their jurisdiction).

I think a lot of it will come down to the donors, like you said. The question is how they react: Will they pull away from PSU in outrage over this, or will they throw money into a hat to try to clean up the school's image as quickly and thoroughly as possible? First reaction, a lot of donors will probably go with the first option, but perhaps there will be some loyal enough to keep giving.

In the real world, PSU has tons of loyal donors who will want to turn the corner on Paterno, want the program cleaned up from any taint, but will support PSU football season after season. Clean house, take 3 months, get the new head coach out with dinner speeches -- the loyalists will be lined up.

they might have to go juco ranks to find one.

and at some point the NCAA will have step into this mess and maybe cancel some games before people start to get hurt over this insanity.

toxic beyond belief....our recruiting might go up a notches by default
The only real "insanity involves thouhsdefending Joe and the administrators which for the norml among id isindefenceaible

Who is going to direct the search and selection process right now? PSU has an interim President and an interim AD. Is Tom Bradley totally in the clear in this mess? Are there other shoes to drop that might implicate members of the BOT or others in the adminsitration or athletics department. What is the relationship between Second Mile and Penn State? There are some pretty damning rumors floating around right now. Maybe the ongoing investigations will reveal there is nothing to them, but who can be certain?

Doesn't seem to me that this is the time to be looking for a new head coach. Maybe in a couple of months. Let the season play out and perhaps by late December PSU can begin thinking about Joe Pa's successor. Sucks for recruiting but that should be the last of PSU's concerns right now.
Just guessing but I suspect the BOT would be thinking about (a) a special committee to oversee the investigation, so it will know as well as possible who else is implicated; and (b) a search committee that has a blue ribbon line-up. You might want to announce the committee sooner as part of a statement that PSU football will continue, and our best people (football heads and distinguished alums) are taking this on.

The Munchak Idea is plausable . But I think an Interim Guy comes in ,They oust him easily (Within 2 to 3 years) Then they hire the Big Boy.

Going to throw out a random ironic suggestion -- what about Dave Wannstadt?
Had the same thought the other day. Knows PA very well. Pretty sturdy character.

The Munchak Idea is plausable . But I think an Interim Guy comes in ,They oust him easily (Within 2 to 3 years) Then they hire the Big Boy.
Firtst lets work with facts . PennSte has effctively cleaned out the stink. It remains the state unuversity for theate ta plays football more that attends chur.Opportunites to get on the team with a full ride will continue As such the yop players will come and rebuild the reputation Anyone including myself if given the reins and decent assistant coach canwillcome inti the program and win They will not try to replace Joe. They will try to win games and thry will succeed Paterno will slide into a black history and as soon as he passses will be forgotte in everday life at Penn State What happened will never be forgotten and the lesson passed on to other educators or even businesses will result in instant disclosure and law enforcrmen

they might have to go juco ranks to find one.

and at some point the NCAA will have step into this mess and maybe cancel some games before people start to get hurt over this insanity.

toxic beyond belief....our recruiting might go up a notches by default

I don't think so.

There will be many, many very good coaches applying for the Penn State job.

I just do not see the fall out you anticipate.

schianoface.gif
HOLGOFBS.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom