What coaches are really feasible? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What coaches are really feasible?

Is this a serious post? Recruits like to have fun. So you want Hopkins to be JB 2.0? Our program has only been identified by the zone in recent years. We used to be identified by the Dome and exciting, fast-paced full court frenetic basketball. We need to get recruits. The game has evolved. Do you want us to update our facilities, or should we keep them the same so that they're not too razzle dazzle? You apparently have no clue about modern basketball and what recruits are looking for. Maybe we should go back to short shorts and wooden backboards?

Tomorrow is 80's day at the Dome. Instead of the awful 80's fashions, I hope they highlight the exciting players of that era: the Pearls, the Colemans, the Generals, who along with JB and the Carrier Dome, gave this program its identity. Those teams were fun to watch and the zone had nothing to do with that excitement.

SoBe nailed it.

There was at least one poster who wrote up a UNC trip report on here. The poster was jealous of UNCs player intros, the atmosphere, energy, etc. Ours is stale like it or not.

All zone all the time is not going to get us the elite recruits. Why the hell would they want to be in that kind of system as a preparation for the NBA, lol? Brace yourself since the change IS coming.

You're both obviously right, but you're wasting your time.

Is this a serious post? Recruits like to have fun. So you want Hopkins to be JB 2.0? Our program has only been identified by the zone in recent years. We used to be identified by the Dome and exciting, fast-paced full court frenetic basketball. We need to get recruits. The game has evolved. Do you want us to update our facilities, or should we keep them the same so that they're not too razzle dazzle? You apparently have no clue about modern basketball and what recruits are looking for. Maybe we should go back to short shorts and wooden backboards?

Tomorrow is 80's day at the Dome. Instead of the awful 80's fashions, I hope they highlight the exciting players of that era: the Pearls, the Colemans, the Generals, who along with JB and the Carrier Dome, gave this program its identity. Those teams were fun to watch and the zone had nothing to do with that excitement.

SoBe nailed it.
How is it you know "what recruits are looking for"?

Your assertion that you know seems ego driven and preposterous to me. ( I know because I say I know.)

From what I see recruits are driven to winning programs. Circus-like atmospheres appeal to some fans but not recruits.

How is it you know "what recruits are looking for"?

Your assertion that you know seems ego driven and preposterous to me. ( I know because I say I know.)

From what I see recruits are driven to winning programs. Circus-like atmospheres appeal to some fans but not recruits.

I know because I'm all-knowing. :rolleyes:

Actually, I know because I listen to what recruits say.

Last edited:
I know because I'm all-knowing. :rolleyes:

Actuakly, I know because I listen to what recruits say.

You mean you listen to those canned statements they make with those microphones thrust in their faces?

And what percentage of recruits is that?

What's the quote? Listening to the fans assures you'll soon be sitting with them.?

And the other thing - we aren't losing lottery picks - we are losing D league and 2nd rounders. Of course a team that has lottery picks will do better. We're losing kids a year or two before they should realistically jump.
Now that's a Hell of a sales pitch.

Come to SU and be seen by the NBA as better than you actually are!

That appears to be what is occurring.

You mean you listen to those canned statements they make with those microphones thrust in their faces?

And what percentage of recruits is that?

What's the quote? Listening to the fans assures you'll soon be sitting with them.?

Yes.

71.4%.

"I love razzle dazzle. Razzle dazzle is the number one thing I'm looking for when choosing where I will be playing in college. And I don't like playing zone defense. Zone is not fun."

Yes.

71.4%.

"I love razzle dazzle. Razzle dazzle is the number one thing I'm looking for when choosing where I will be playing in college. And I don't like playing zone defense. Zone is not fun."
No one has ev er said they didn't come to SU because they didn't want to play zone defense.

Arguing is pretty is pretty easy if you just lie enough.

Scrapping the zonè and trying to implement crowd-pleasing run and gunk is the straight path to mediocrity.

YOur zvi