What comes first, the chicken or the egg? | Syracusefan.com

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

When rebuilding/building a program,what's first/quicker to success?

• Scheme first, then recruit talent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DezisOrange

Walk On
Do we scheme for talent we have? Do we wait for more talent and then be better with this one? Do we/can we "spread"? Or is pro-style the best to rebuild/build with? What gets you "there" quicker?

scheme a true offensive coordinator, takes his scheme, implements it from day one and recruits to fit the scheme as he goes because they believe in what they are doing and coaching. That is what the really good offensive coaches and coordinators do, Holgorsen, Leach, RROD, P Johnson, J Jones, C Kelly, B Kelly, the list goes on and on. They have a vision regardless if they have a coordinator or not. It should take a year or two to see results, at least some improvement. I am serious when I say, Marrone has failed and failed miserably here. You don't need NFL talent to have a productive offense in the Big East but you do need a lot to run Marrone's offense, which will never happen

When a coach says "multiple" it means we have no real system, just a bunch of this and that, we will say we are gearing it towards our talent but they are really grasping at straws, IMO

I really don't get why you think the offense is so hard to run.. When the oline does its job we seem to do fine.. When Ok/FL (all the big boys) dont have great QBs they have issues as well. Lets see what Clemson does now that they lost the QB. We are playing the game with at best B level talent at all the skill positions.

If the rutgers game had not become a turn over fest we score 30+ and we would be on top of the world right now and still we would only be playing with B level talent..

with better skill players you can get away with lesser line play. with better line play you can get away with lesser skill. we need to improve one or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom