What Cuse Can Do To Improve Tailgating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What Cuse Can Do To Improve Tailgating

When did parking get so terribly expensive? When I first got my parking pass on University in 2001 I paid $33 for the season. Now I'm paying $200 in Fine. All for a place for my car to sit for a few hours. Crazy.
Supply is short...and the school needs money

Small lots don't necessarily diminish the quality

I completely agree with this. I don't understand why people think that in order to have a good tailgating scene you automatically need a giant stadium in the middle of a gargantuan parking lot. There are many solid tailgating spots around campus with great atmospheres.

I mean, if you're tailgating in some huge lot like UConn has, or an NFL stadium, you're only going to talk to the people in your immediate vicinity anyway. So what difference does it make if you're in a lot with 100 other cars, or 30,000 other cars?

Last edited:
Heid's or Hoffmann's should provide free hotdog buns to tailgaters. Killer sponsorship opportunity, and they'd easily make it up in hot dog and snappy griller sales.

Speaking of kick off times...I think lots officially opening 4 hours prior for noon/noon30 games is fine...but for later weekend games I think 6 hours is ideal.
We are parked and tailgating six hours before the game starts, I guess we are just not official, which I'm ok with.

Good suggestions. Heated restrooms with running water would be awesome. High quality heavy duty wi-fi should be a given for any public event these days.
The new toilet facility at Skytop is tremendous in this respect. Hot water, heated rooms, clean.

Many good suggestions here.

Really, it comes down to one thing though; those who love tailgating now just need to bring new people every game and get them just as hooked as us. (This is actually where a lesser fee to park would be beneficial).

If I recall correctly there are 7-8 in the men's (mix of water closets and urinals). Not sure on the women's and there is a family room as well.

I hadn't parked at Skytop in years, and then at last year's Clemson game I gave my West lot passes to some friends and parked at Skytop. I was surprised at how much different it was now.

I was also questioning why I pay $175 a year or whatever it is for the Standart lot when Skytop gets heated indoor restrooms, running water, drinking fountains, and outdoor public wifi. If they had that when I used to park there, I'd have never "upgraded" to using a portapot and washing my hands in the melted cooler ice.

When we were at the LSU game and tailgating down by University my buddy said why can't it be like this every week. The late start times make a big difference and the only way we are getting there isor wins as others have stated.

agree with the late start times. it sucks to have to start tailgating at 8am week after week. other than that I think our tailgating scene is fine, scattered among the different lots. I would love to see the train start running again, there is a huge opportunity to promote tailgating in the lots near the transportation station and around Destiny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom