what do we need more this year to be successful? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

what do we need more this year to be successful?

hmmm...got to eat my breakfast though. Can't wait four hours, but interesting, nonetheless. Wonder if it would have the same effectiveness if I took it before bed.
Could be. Everyone processes it differently. I tried that, and found it keeps me up at night. No, not that way.

I'm surprised I didn't see it already mentioned: FANS

Not only is it a real advantage in the Dome, it also should be a real attitude adjuster for the players.

Even more, along with wins, it will have a tremendous impact on recruiting. So, its what we need to be successful this year and going forward.

for the season:

2500 yards rushing for the team? or 4000 yards passing for the team?

last year we ran for just less than 2000 yards, in 2012 for instance we ran for just under 2500
last year we passed for 3500 in 2016 we passed for 3800 or so.
Sorry, I skipped the whole true purpose of this thread.

To answer your question of which we need more; the answer is Eric Dungy. Because, he is going to have 4000 yards passing and 2500 yards rushing all by himself. BOOM!

Consistency. If that fails...

More garlic. Everything is better with more garlic.
I liked this but you're wrong. You can't put Garlic on dessert. :p

The team needs bacon. Everything is better with Bacon...even chocolate cupcakes...even cheesy Garlic Bread......even movies.

If by successful season you are talking simply being bowl eligible, we will have a great shot at that with solid QB play. A healthy Dungey or if DeVito can step in at that same level would do the trick. The D will probably be erratic, so a big part of any success we hope to have will be outscoring the other guys.

If by success you are talking about competing for an ACC title, that will not be in the cards anytime soon. We just can't recruit at a high enough level. To turnaround recruiting we will have several plus .500 bowl eligible seasons in a row and also we will need to make the Dome a place where kids want to play, whatever that may take.

for the season:

2500 yards rushing for the team? or 4000 yards passing for the team?

last year we ran for just less than 2000 yards, in 2012 for instance we ran for just under 2500
last year we passed for 3500 in 2016 we passed for 3800 or so.

I think it's pretty clear that we need to run better. Not even "more", in terms of more often, just more yards per carry, and be able to run it into the end zone when you get down close. More conversions in the red zone. That will lead to more points for all those yards we've been getting.

If by successful season you are talking simply being bowl eligible, we will have a great shot at that with solid QB play. A healthy Dungey or if DeVito can step in at that same level would do the trick. The D will probably be erratic, so a big part of any success we hope to have will be outscoring the other guys.

If by success you are talking about competing for an ACC title, that will not be in the cards anytime soon. We just can't recruit at a high enough level. To turnaround recruiting we will have several plus .500 bowl eligible seasons in a row and also we will need to make the Dome a place where kids want to play, whatever that may take.

I'm afraid we'll see a defense like last year - stop them 2 downs out of 3, and then give up a big play.

I'm afraid we'll see a defense like last year - stop them 2 downs out of 3, and then give up a big play.
That didn't happen that often early in the season. I agree with Alsacs, however, that some of that was luck.

Depth, sustained drives, keeping plays in front of you on defense. Some kick returns and an occasional block would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom