what do we need more this year to be successful? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

what do we need more this year to be successful?

Last year we averaged 4.0 yards per rush and gave up 5.2 and averaged 5.3 per pass while giving up 6.4. Without Dungey's running I'm pretty sure that rushing is way below 4.0. We need those numbers to even up. It's probably not realistic to hope for them to flip. I think the keys are what most of us have mentioned since last year, improved oline play and a defense that stays relatively healthy and fresh all year. An improved oline takes pressure off of Dungey to run, whether from design or improvisation, and hopefully keeps him on the field all year, and we saw a solid defense last year while they were healthy.

We just need to play 12 games of competent football. We've had good QB play... for parts of a season. We've had a good defense... for three quarters of a season. We've had decent offensive line play here and there.

If we just play our game every time out we'll be so much better.
I didn't know Dino Babers posted on the board.

More push from the o line and more blitzing opportunities provided to us by better db coverage.

A running game, consistently stop the run on D and a new set of receivers to step up and catch the ball. That is all.

Its all in the DL and OL, thats where our failures have originated the past two years. We could not create pressure on the opposing QB, and our QB has been more pressured then any QB in the ACC. And both lines are substantially better and more mature this year. That is why we will be more successful.

Consistency. If that fails...

More garlic. Everything is better with more garlic.
Eating 3 cloves every morning for three straight years. Never once a cold, nor the flu. My wife even had a very bad strain of the flu...(everybody on the island had it for 4 weeks!). She sleeps right next to me...I never even got a cough or a sniffle. I used to catch everything. Not anymore. Now, my social life...that’s another matter.

Eating 3 cloves every morning for three straight years. Never once a cold, nor the flu. My wife even had a very bad strain of the flu...(everybody on the island had it for 4 weeks!). She sleeps right next to me...I never even got a cough or a sniffle. I used to catch everything. Not anymore. Now, my social life...that’s another matter.

do you eat it raw or take a supplement that equates to 3 cloves?

Make the plays when they need to be made. Get that bouncing fumble, pick off that pass and not drop it, run the right patterns and hold onto the ball when it comes to you. Be prepared. There are so many moments during a game that could turn it around and it's getting to that time when these moments have to happen.

Win a game you had no right to win.

We have been pretty good about winning games we were bug dogs. Like previously stated, be consistent and get an early lead and keep receivers in front of us. That's the way the T2 works.

Its all in the DL and OL, thats where our failures have originated the past two years. We could not create pressure on the opposing QB, and our QB has been more pressured then any QB in the ACC. And both lines are substantially better and more mature this year. That is why we will be more successful.

Think both will show well. Especially the OL. Love our kids there. They have gained and lost weight appropriately and they have talent. The OL will be a strength.

do you eat it raw or take a supplement that equates to 3 cloves?
Sorry to run OT. Raw. Dice up 3 cloves, wait five min. put it in a big spoon, add some honey, down it with a glass or two of water. Do not chew. That will give you garlic breath. Swallow. That’s my breakfast. The next four hours, as it passes thru your digestive tract, it’s killing all sorts of germs and bad bacteria, plus warding off 14 types of cancer. On the Internet. Supplements very weak in comparison. Nothing like tbe real thing. Sorry to go OT.

There are lots of needs this year. Staying healthy is the obvious key.

I feel good about our D. Sure our LBs are new but they are athletic. We should be much improved upfront especially at the DE position. Our safeties and CB will also be significantly improved. All in the D should hold their own.

On O line play will be improved as will the RBs. ED should be better as his experience in the system will lead to better reads. Wr is the key and the one position on the squad that is a major question mark.

The team will be the most seasoned and deepest we have had in a very long time. Im expecting us to hang with everyone and make a bowl.

...I feel good about our D. Sure our LBs are new but they are athletic. We should be much improved upfront especially at the DE position. Our safeties and CB will also be significantly improved. ….
On O line play will be improved as will the RBs. ….. Wr is the key and the one position on the squad that is a major question mark.
The team will be the most seasoned and deepest we have had ...
Like your optimism, and both lines will be more seasoned and deeper than we have had, and that is a good start. Not sure the LBs are athletic compared to what we had last season, but Whitner, Guthrie and Armstrong are not complete newbies. Guthrie made over 100 tackles in each of his two juco years and got JC AA honors in his second year.
For receivers, Butler and TE Pierce, with Riley in the slot, need to carry the load while younger receivers develop.
In the secondary, the question mark has been depth. The second unit DBs have more size and potential than the bunch who transferred out.

We have been pretty good about winning games we were bug dogs. Like previously stated, be consistent and get an early lead and keep receivers in front of us. That's the way the T2 works.

What I meant was Ish is that in a game the other team was way better that day and SU pulls it off. Outgained and outplayed by a large margin but somehow SU pulling it out of their booty to win the game.

Sorry to run OT. Raw. Dice up 3 cloves, wait five min. put it in a big spoon, add some honey, down it with a glass or two of water. Do not chew. That will give you garlic breath. Swallow. That’s my breakfast. The next four hours, as it passes thru your digestive tract, it’s killing all sorts of germs and bad bacteria, plus warding off 14 types of cancer. On the Internet. Supplements very weak in comparison. Nothing like tbe real thing. Sorry to go OT.

hmmm...got to eat my breakfast though. Can't wait four hours, but interesting, nonetheless. Wonder if it would have the same effectiveness if I took it before bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom