What does the court of public opinion think about MCW now? | Syracusefan.com

What does the court of public opinion think about MCW now?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
In light of some of the "facts" being publicized, does that change how people feel about MCW.

As a Syracuse fan, I am thankful that he was able to "work things out" with L & T, if what is being reported is true.

However, as someone who firmly believes in the difference between right and wrong, I have no time for people who take things that don't rightfully belong to them. However, I also believe in giving people second chances and hopefully a strong lesson was learned here.

So, assuming its business as usual on Saturday night, and MCW is at his starting position, do the fans in attendance just let things move ahead and cheer just as loud as if this "misunderstanding" never happened.

I feel a bit guilty to cheer for him initially, so I am actually hoping that JB finds a punishment to fit the crime. I'm leaving that up to JB to determine what it is.

In light of some of the "facts" being publicized, does that change how people feel about MCW.

As a Syracuse fan, I am thankful that he was able to "work things out" with L & T, if what is being reported is true.

However, as someone who firmly believes in the difference between right and wrong, I have no time for people who take things that don't rightfully belong to them. However, I also believe in giving people second chances and hopefully a strong lesson was learned here.

So, assuming its business as usual on Saturday night, and MCW is at his starting position, do the fans in attendance just let things move ahead and cheer just as loud as if this "misunderstanding" never happened.

I feel a bit guilty to cheer for him initially, so I am actually hoping that JB finds a punishment to fit the crime. I'm leaving that up to JB to determine what it is.
I am so disappointed in him. And it's not right to say well, kids will be kids. I love Syracuse and we all deserve second chances. JB is pretty tough on his kids when they think they are better than they are and he lets the media know about it. Seems he could have said something better.

Very disappointed in Boeheim at the moment. Hopefully, TGD will lean on him to exact some sort of punishment.

I am so disappointed in him. And it's not right to say well, kids will be kids. I love Syracuse and we all deserve second chances. JB is pretty tough on his kids when they think they are better than they are and he lets the media know about it. Seems he could have said something better.

In terms of play, either in games or in practice, yes. He's long been considered lenient when it comes to punishing off-court transgressions.

How do we all know he's not going to receive off the court punishment?

How do we all know he's not going to receive off the court punishment?
\

We don't, so we should bite our tongues for the time being. (As if it's any of our business to begin with.)

But Boeheim has given guys a wide berth in the past and the quote attributed to him in the other thread is not terribly encouraging.

When I was a broke college student, I had a job at the dining hall. I remember stealing garbage bags full of cans from the dining hall that'd I'd take to the recyclers. Each bag was about $20.

Did stealing those bags bother me when I was a broke 21 year old college student looking for beer money? Not really.
Looking back on it, am I proud of what I did? Not at all.

My point is that we've all had moments of "Youthful Stupidity", and Mike is no different. Sure what he did was supremely stupid. But my hope is that he...like most of us...learn from the experience and grow as a person.

My guess is a 3 to 5 game suspension would help with his learning experience.

You feel guilty to cheer for him?

I mean he took the clothes, it was wrong. He got caught and it's over. Not the worst thing in the world.

3 to 5 game suspension is way too extreme. He paid $500 dollars already and is publicly embarassed. Trey Ziegler got a DUI for Pitt and was suspended 3 games.

When I was a broke college student, I had a job at the dining hall. I remember stealing garbage bags full of cans from the dining hall that'd I'd take to the recyclers. Each bag was about $20.

Did stealing those bags bother me when I was a broke 21 year old college student looking for beer money? Not really.
Looking back on it, am I proud of what I did? Not at all.

My point is that we've all had moments of "Youthful Stupidity", and Mike is no different. Sure what he did was supremely stupid. But my hope is that he...like most of us...learn from the experience and grow as a person.

My guess is a 3 to 5 game suspension would help with his learning experience.
you will never see a 3 to 5 game suspension from jb. I was hoping for MCW not starting saturday night. And I didn't think I would see it.

I mean he took the clothes, it was wrong. He got caught and it's over. Not the worst thing in the world.

3 to 5 game suspension is way too extreme. He paid $500 dollars already and is publicly embarassed. Trey Ziegler got a DUI for Pitt and was suspended 3 games.

Comparing one crime and punishment to another isn't the way to do it (even if the Pittsburgh punishment were fair, which seems not to be the case - many schools will expel a student for a drunk driving arrest).

Any punishment should be assessed based on the facts at hand.

\

We don't, so we should bite our tongues for the time being. (As if it's any of our business to begin with.)

But Boeheim has given guys a wide berth in the past and the quote attributed to him in the other thread is not terribly encouraging.

JB has never been one to openly discuss player transgressions or humiliate them publicly. As you say, we really don't know exactly how he is handling things behind the scenes and likely never will. But I would be surprised if there are no repercussions for MCW.

Agreed. Hope he doesn't get suspended, for selfish reasons. This is the last year we got him, I want him on the court leading us to as many wins as possible. It was incredibly dumb what he did but its not like he beat up his gf.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Its really none of our business , we only care because hes on the bball team. He paid the 500 bucks. Its done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCW tweaking a knee in practice and missing a couple of games might be a good idea.

JB has never been one to openly discuss player transgressions or humiliate them publicly. As you say, we really don't know exactly how he is handling things behind the scenes and likely never will. But I would be surprised if there are no repercussions for MCW.

He's a loyal coach. This is a positive trait. With every passing day, Boeheim looks like a better guy for his adamant defense of Bernie last fall.

I'd be happy to eat some crow at this time tomorrow after Mike has watched the game in street clothes. But I'll be a little surprised if there's any punishment that the public learns about. I've seen three situations in which Boeheim will sit a guy: a.) the player is stinking it up in practice or games ((South in 2011), b.) the player showed him up (Dion), or c.) the player's transgression involved school or law enforcement intervention (Burgan, Scoop). Not sure that this falls under any of these categories; Boeheim may not sit him but will (rightly) support his player in public. Really don't like that quote, though.

I think MCW will be very hurt if he finds out that you're not cheering him on. Please reconsider.

You are correct with your sarcasm. And that's precisely why he didnt think twice about stealing.

If a member of the SUMB was in the same situation would we expect them to be suspended after having already taken care of their punishment with the store?

Any former SUMB members, I honestly don't know. But I can't imagine they would.

Its really none of our business , we only care because hes on the bball team. He paid the 500 bucks. Its done.

It actually is our business if you have a Syracuse degree. Anything that brings my University in a negative light is my business. If it were just being a fan of the basketball or football team, you would be correct.

It actually is our business if you have a Syracuse degree. Anything that brings my University in a negative light is my business. If it were just being a fan of the basketball or football team, you would be correct.
No, it has absolutely nothing to do with you or anyone here. I'm sure other SU students got caught stealing this year and worse, but noone cares.

-stupid kid
-maybe the most important learning experience he will ever have in college
-his case was handled by the mall in the manner they do with everyone, so no consequences
-he will have to live with this and absorb lots of jeers from opposing fans
-otherwise, he will receive no punishment because he technically did not break the law
-young people do stupid things, sometimes they get caught

I think MCW will be very hurt if he finds out that you're not cheering him on. Please reconsider.
Yeah, whatever, that's a pretty witty response. However, I never thought of MCW as being a selfish individual. Believe it or not, these athletes deal with kids all the time. They go to schools and hospitals to visit kids. They work with them at basketball camps. Kids want to wear their jerseys, they want to get their autographs.

No one is saying what MCW did was the biggest crime in the world, however it was morally, ethically and illegally wrong. It's his conscience. Not mine or yours. However, if you want to go Saturday and give him a standing ovation, go ahead. That's your decision and that's why I asked the question initially.

-stupid kid
-maybe the most important learning experience he will ever have in college
-his case was handled by the mall in the manner they do with everyone, so no consequences
-he will have to live with this and absorb lots of jeers from opposing fans
-otherwise, he will receive no punishment because he technically did not break the law
-young people do stupid things, sometimes they get caught

If that report is true, he certainly did break the law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom