What good is a commitment anyway????? | Syracusefan.com

What good is a commitment anyway?????

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Change schools before starting classes, go to the D-League, etc., etc. No big deal, just decommit.

What in bloody blazes is a commitment good for? Obviously can't sue the kid. To me a "commitment" is just that, and my word is pretty much gospel. Of course I am really old school and such is not the case these days in all areas including this BS, today's business ethics, etc.

Character, character, character. I was really excited about him coming. However, if that's the way you want to approach life then I'm glad you're not going to be here. Certainly not fair to put the coaching staff through all this. I have some choice words in my mind about you, but I do not want to get banned from this great forum.

"BYE-BYE BAZLEY YOU xxxxxxxx"

He didn't sign an LOI with tOSU.

Reneging on a VERBAL commitment happens all the time in football, and occasionally in hoops (see: Battle, Tyus)

Reneging on a NLI?? For the G-League?
Literally never happened before.
I get that. But it still indicates he doesn't stick to commitments.

He didn't sign an LOI with tOSU.

Reneging on a VERBAL commitment happens all the time in football, and occasionally in hoops (see: Battle, Tyus)

Reneging on a NLI?? For the G-League?
Literally never happened before.

This is Syracuse Karma.

Being the first #2 seed to lose in the first round of the tourney was one-upped by UVA this year.

That’s a helluva volley back.

<head slam>

Change schools before starting classes, go to the D-League, etc., etc. No big deal, just decommit.

What in bloody blazes is a commitment good for? Obviously can't sue the kid. To me a "commitment" is just that, and my word is pretty much gospel. Of course I am really old school and such is not the case these days in all areas including this BS, today's business ethics, etc.

Character, character, character. I was really excited about him coming. However, if that's the way you want to approach life then I'm glad you're not going to be here. Certainly not fair to put the coaching staff through all this. I have some choice words in my mind about you, but I do not want to get banned from this great forum.

"BYE-BYE BAZLEY YOU xxxxxxxx"
Maybe he made a commitment to his family that overrides whatever the LOI commitment means.

I hold out hope that at some point you'll come around to the reality that it isn't the NBA that's broken, it is the NCAA.
If you've posted over 21,000 times here and consistently tell us college sports is broken, you must really love the pro game.
Why do you torture yourself with a broken product?

I hold out hope that at some point you'll come around to the reality that it isn't the NBA that's broken, it is the NCAA.
NCAA is broken, but the NBA is working against them. I had no idea G-league was even an option until yesterday.

NCAA is broken, but the NBA is working against them. I had no idea G-league was even an option until yesterday.

What's weird is that the G League was always an option as long as a kid was 18 and out of high school. It was just a choice that kids and agents realized wasn't the best choice unless the NBA changed the G league rules.

Look at it the bright side.
Because of Bazley, Syracuse is now immortalized in the English lexicon.

When party A backs out of a commitment to Party B now...the new expression is Party B "got Cused."
Party A "Bazleyed him."

I haven't read through everything but are y'all sure that his NLI didn't become null and void because he failed to meet academic requirements?

Letter becomes Null and Void
This NLI shall be declared null and void if any of the following occur:

a. Admissions Requirement. This NLI shall be declared null and void if the institution named in this document notifies me in writing that I have been denied admission or, by the opening day of classes in fall 2017, has failed to provide me with written notice of admission, provided I have submitted a complete admission application. It is my obligation to provide, by request, my academic records and an application for admission to the signing institution. If I fail to submit the necessary academic credentials and/or application to determine an admission decision prior to September 1, the NLI office per its review with the institution will determine the status of the NLI.

If I am eligible for admission, but the institution named in this document defers my admission to a subsequent term, the NLI will be declared null and void; however, this NLI remains binding if I defer my admission.

b. Eligibility Requirements. This NLI shall be declared null and void if, by the opening day of classes in fall 2017, I have not met NCAA initial eligibility requirements; NCAA, conference or institution's requirements for athletics financial aid; or two-year college transfer requirements, provided I have submitted all necessary documents for eligibility determination.

(1) This NLI shall be rendered null and void if I become a nonqualifier per the NCAA Eligibility Center. This NLI remains valid if I am a partial qualifier per NCAA Division II rules unless I do not meet the institution's policies for receipt of athletics aid.

(2) It is my obligation to register with and provide information to the NCAA Eligibility Center. If I fail to submit the necessary documentation for an initial-eligibility decision and have not attended classes at the signing institution, the NLI office per its review with the institution will determine the status of the NLI.

(3) This NLI shall be rendered null and void if I am a midyear football two-year college transfer and I fail to graduate from two-year college at midyear, if required per NCAA, conference or institutional rules. The NLI remains binding for the following fall term if I graduated, was eligible for admission and financial aid and met the two-year college transfer requirements for competition for the winter or spring term, but chose to delay my admission.

c. One-Year Absence. This NLI shall be declared null and void if I have not attended any institution (two-year or four-year) for at least one academic year, provided my request for athletics financial aid for a subsequent fall term is denied by the signing institution. Service in active duty with the U.S. armed forces or an official church mission for at least 12 months can use the One-Year Absence to null and void the NLI. I may still apply this provision if I initially enrolled in an NLI member institution but have been absent for at least one academic year. To apply this provision, I must file with the appropriate conference office a statement from the director of athletics that such athletics financial aid will not be available for the requested fall term.

d. Discontinued Sport This NLI shall be declared null and void if the institution named in the document discontinues my sport.

e. Recruiting Rules Violation. If eligibility reinstatement by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff is necessary due to NCAA and/or conference recruiting rules violations, the institution must notify me that I have an option to have the NLI declared null and void due to the rules violation. It is my decision to have the NLI remain valid or to have the NLI declared null and void, permitting me to be recruited and not be subject to NLI penalties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom