What happens if... | Syracusefan.com

What happens if...

rocfan44

All Conference
Either of these scenarios plays out. What do they need to make the tournament? My guess for #4 is win the ACC.

1) Win vs Duke, Win vs BC, Win vs Clemson
2) Win vs Duke, Win vs BC, Lose vs Clemson
3) Win vs Duke, Lose vs BC, Win vs Clemson
4) Lose vs Duke, Lose vs BC, Lose vs Clemson
5) Lose vs Duke, Win vs BC, Win vs Clemson
6) Lose vs Duke, Win vs BC, Lose vs Clemson
7) Lose vs Duke, Lose vs BC, Win vs Clemson

Either of these scenarios plays out. What do they need to make the tournament? My guess for #4 is win the ACC.

1) Win vs Duke, Win vs BC, Win vs Clemson
2) Win vs Duke, Win vs BC, Lose vs Clemson
3) Win vs Duke, Lose vs BC, Win vs Clemson
4) Lose vs Duke, Lose vs BC, Lose vs Clemson
5) Lose vs Duke, Win vs BC, Win vs Clemson
6) Lose vs Duke, Win vs BC, Lose vs Clemson
7) Lose vs Duke, Lose vs BC, Win vs Clemson
if we aren't 500 after the regular season we aren't getting in.

That is not true

If we are eight and 10 will play Tuesday
If they win Tuesday Wednesday Thursday they’re back in for sure

I basically agree. Go 8-10 and I think we have to win 3 in the ACCT which I don't see happening.

I’m predicting scenario #3 to end the season. That’s just what I believe. Would need to probably get to ACC Title game to feel good...gulp. Just my $.02.

If we beat Duke we only need 1 more win and we are in.

We might still be in Dayton but in.

2 wins in the ACC tourney in that scenario would more than likely be enough. I will say in the 50-70% range, though. If the teams below the line ramp it up like last year we could be in trouble.

#1, 2, 3, make me comfortable because Duke on the road is the ultimate feather in the cap. #5 is 50/50 at best. Anything else has major risk, unless we win 2 games in the ACCT.

Need AT LEAST 3 more wins (regular season and ACC tourney). Not getting in at 8-10 unless we go on a major run... at least 2 but possibly 3 games in ACCT. At 9-9, I think 1 win gets us in but I wouldn't be that confident. All of this is obviously dependent on what happens to other teams.

Your probably right but I can't envision a scenario in which we beat duke.
I agree if we lose to duke , we need Clemson and BC for sure, plus one in ACC who I would prefer not to be Pittsburgh because it carries minimal weight. In a scenario Of lose duke ,beat BC, beat Clemson , and beat Pitt , I’m still not completely comfortable. Even wake or g tech In acc makes me feel better for the scenario of lose duke , win Clemson/BC.

Hard to fathom a run in ACC tourney with limited bench...and better competition. Two wins is conceivable I guess. Of course Cuse won four in a row a few years ago on BE tourney but it’s too late for me to recall which team that was and how deep- had to be deeper than this team though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom