What has changed radically. | Syracusefan.com

What has changed radically.

Deep stuff...
images

Not how good we are, but how good we can become.

That's one thing that has frustrated me about SU football for so long. In the beginning of our tailspin we had sooooo many talented players but played garbage football and totally outdated football. It started at the end of Coach P and went almost all the way up to Babers, couple of solid years in between, but not many.

I see so many guys who wore Orange that could have easily NFL players in other systems and on other teams but we just stunk. I think we have had a lot of teams that could have been very good or even great, but we couldn't even ask that question (how good can we become?) because of the flawed philosophy of football that we've (the coaching staffs) have embraced and put out into the field.

For the first time in a VERY long time, I actually believe what I see, I believe what I hear from the coach, and I actually believe we'll see improvement year after year. Today may be the best day in recent memory for this program.

That's one thing that has frustrated me about SU football for so long. In the beginning of our tailspin we had sooooo many talented players but played garbage football and totally outdated football. It started at the end of Coach P and went almost all the way up to Babers, couple of solid years in between, but not many.

I see so many guys who wore Orange that could have easily NFL players in other systems and on other teams but we just stunk. I think we have had a lot of teams that could have been very good or even great, but we couldn't even ask that question (how good can we become?) because of the flawed philosophy of football that we've (the coaching staffs) have embraced and put out into the field.

For the first time in a VERY long time, I actually believe what I see, I believe what I hear from the coach, and I actually believe we'll see improvement year after year. Today may be the best day in recent memory for this program.

Exactly. For years we've had a very limited upside. That has all changed. This will change recruiting. This will change how national media covers us. We will become a hot school for receivers and quarterbacks.

This week somebody posted Kirby Dar Dar's return against Florida where Quadry Ismael runs by him near the end zone. We haven't had that speed, that talent, on the field at the same time since the 1990's. Those days are coming again.

Babers played 59 players in this game, including players like Riley, Neal, and Butler, players with real speed. We haven't had that kind of speed in a long time, Riley catches the ball, unlike Phillips, pushes forward, and makes people miss. Enoicy ran a nice route, and made a good catch, slowed down to make sure he caught the ball, need his size in the red zone. Palmer still gets called for holding even though he's now at guard, supposedly his good position. Overall a nice start, with better things to come, the youngsters get more game experience, we will be a dangerous team the last 6 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom