What has Tillman done at a $150,000 base salary for 7 years | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What has Tillman done at a $150,000 base salary for 7 years

In 2 more years I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin take a HC gig.

People we haven't been a mediocre program.
It isn't manifest destiny Syracuse win the NC every year or make the Final Four every year.
We are competitive. Could we recruit better? Yes, but the program isn't falling apart.
Since 2009 we have been a 1 seed 3 times, 2 seed 3 times, 8 seed 1 time, and unseeded 1 time.

Just because we have lost 2 games at home first round, lost the NC game, and a couple of post season games doesn't mean we suck.
Desko isn't even close to the hot seat. He is closer to retirement than firing. I am saying he has done great but the team has been in the postseason and a NC contender every year. Once you get into the postseason its always a coin flip.

Only beef I have is the D Middies, IMO a defensive upgrade seems to be needed. Desko knows how to address weakness he and his staff will figure it out

that Desko can't do. Times have changed as Tillman is pulling in top ranked classes and the 6 nation players are avoiding 'cuse like the black plague. When the OCC head coach and Desko only communicate by the way of assistants you know there is a major problem and every one blames Desko for this total lack of communication.The days of making the final 4 appear to be over for Desko.

Tillman started out at Ithaca and navy as an assistant and then on to Harvard as a head coach for a few years and then off to Marland for a bargain. Hell Gross has water boys earning more than Tillman's base salary.

Legacy and the likes need to end and time for Syracuse to catch up because recruits are not blind to see what is going on.Other teams take the game serious and Desko allows double keggars before tournament games.

Desko wants to be known for making Lax a national sport at the expenwhat UMd pays himse of ignoring top local talent that has numerous local high school coaches shaking their heads.

AD or no AD things need to change and it has to start at the very top.Another memorial weekend cutting the grass at anytime you choose to do.

You can try to rip me if you can,but I know way too many local people who have a pulse on the sport locally and my younger brother who not only has a ring,but also was a ref until knee problems took over.
Re: Tillman's salary--

I am fairly certain that, by contract, Under Armour at least matches what UMd pays him.

GG can coach at any level of lacrosse , he has played . studied and coached his entire life . Desko has been a great coach , but the team coming out flat 2 games in a row during the tourny was a real low for that program.
Fire Gait He can't beat Maryland and win the Big one...

Fire Gait He can't beat Maryland and win the Big one...
SU women's lax gas never been a dynastic power . The men's team was looked at like a Kentucky bball or Bama football.

Yah...5 championships a generation ago.

If he was a sales guy, he would be out on his A$$ in a heartbeat.

Who is living off their past credibility? Who is doing that?

upload_2016-5-28_23-56-7.jpeg

I am no fan of Carolina, but I had no trouble pulling for them today.

Yah...5 championships a generation ago.

If he was a sales guy, he would be out on his A$$ in a heartbeat.

Who is living off their past credibility? Who is doing that?
You should be demoted to Scout team

Maryland's failings on Memorial Day weekend are epic. They have gone 0-19 in Final Four appearances, and 0-9 in championship games since 1975. Cub fans look down on Maryland lacrosse fans with pity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom