What I have learned here today... | Syracusefan.com

What I have learned here today...

cto

Administrator
1) A large number of folks think it is a good idea for 7-year-olds to run unsupervised around the Dome floor during a game.

2) Some "radio personality" named Mike Lindsley thinks it's a legitimate news story because 50 people re-tweet what an anonymous teenaged mall rat says she saw (with no corroboration from anyone else).

Some days I almost yearn for the return of Bernie Fine .... Not really, but those two threads were just mind-boggling.

1) A large number of folks think it is a good idea for 7-year-olds to run unsupervised around the Dome floor during a game.

2) Some "radio personality" named Mike Lindsley thinks it's a legitimate news story because 50 people re-tweet what an anonymous teenaged mall rat says she saw (with no corroboration from anyone else).

Some days I almost yearn for the return of Bernie Fine .... Not really, but those two threads were just mind-boggling.

Amen CTO.

And that's why we love this place.

Oh c'mon, the kid was being supervised by 20,000 people. If anything had happened to him he'd have 20,000 people to help. Instead we were reminded how anxious ushers are to exert their authority and traumatize little children.

I learned kids can't have fun these days without someone fearing a lawsuit.

Actually, I think 7 is the age of reason, so . . . . take it any way you wish . . .

Oh c'mon, the kid was being supervised by 20,000 people. If anything had happened to him he'd have 20,000 people to help. Instead we were reminded how anxious ushers are to exert their authority and traumatize little children.

I learned kids can't have fun these days without someone fearing a lawsuit.

Exactly because too many people have their lawyer on speed dial. If you think that is reaching, count the number of pages of "attorneys" in your local yellow pages.

Also, I've learned that your credibility is directly linked to the number of your posts on this board. Because its common knowledge that its impossible for anyone other than regular posters on an Internet board to ever know anybody in a position of power.

/sarcasm/off

Also, I've learned that your credibility is directly linked to the number of your posts on this board. Because its common knowledge that its impossible for anyone other than regular posters on an Internet board to ever know anybody in a position of power.

/sarcasm/off
I go for the post to like ratio myself

/sarcasm/off

Glad someone brought that up. Don't understand why people behave that way.

I agree I mean look at Tim Higgins here yelling at that poor unsupervised young boy who was mopping the floors at the Dome.

MCW was caught by loss prevention staff... not even mall security or police. There will be no consequences since they just made him pay for what he was caught trying to steal.

Glad someone brought that up. Don't understand why people behave that way.
Historically is actually been the exact See: John Syracuse, who all hail as the great wizard. The power of "wanting to believe" shapes many minds.

4 - you can shoplift right in front of a security guard and they're not allowed to stop you, according to mantonio

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
I cannot wait for that YouTube video - hopefully he is shirtless and singing when he does not willfully get apprehended!

4 - you can shoplift right in front of a security guard and they're not allowed to stop you, according to mantonio

As long as you decline the guard's invitation to be handcuffed.

I like to imagine Mantonio humming "Flight of the Bumble Bee" in front of a security guard while looking him dead in the eye, and making a big show of the stuff he's not so casually stuffing in his pockets (I assume it would be a lot of bandanas).

Historically is actually been the exact See: John Syracuse, who all hail as the great wizard. The power of "wanting to believe" shapes many minds.
another person jealous of johnsyracuse. johnsyracuse knew who mark felt was before woodward

I gotta admit #1 is baffling to me, this isnt the 1950's you cant have children running around unsupervised anywhere these days less the dome floor in the middle of a game with all the surrounding dangers. Just seems common sense to me.