What I hope to see in game 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What I hope to see in game 2

If Devito struggles we will need 2 QBs for next season to play ahead of him so hopefully he slings it well.

Don't really care about defensive stats but I don't want their OL getting a lot of push andd running plays where there are no holes still going for 5-6 yards.

Thats about it other than no injuries its just Wagner.

what?

So you think its a good thing and we should be OK with him taking over for Dungey next year if he can't rebound from the WMU showing vs friggen Wagner?

If he can't play well vs Wagner we need to find a new QB for next year. And our QB gets hit a lot we need 2 capable guys in this system. Sorry its a big game for him he can't struggle this week in any way shape or form.

So you think its a good thing and we should be OK with him taking over for Dungey next year if he can't rebound from the WMU showing vs friggen Wagner?

If he can't play well vs Wagner we need to find a new QB for next year. And our QB gets hit a lot we need 2 capable guys in this system. Sorry its a big game for him he can't struggle this week in any way shape or form.

I would agree with this if there was no opportunity for him to improve over the next 11 months.

Uh, well, he can, because it's his second game and not at all perfectly deterministic of what he will be as a college QB.

1. A couple of designed and successful runs outside the tackles. Not Babers forte it appears, but give FSU something to think about.

2. A few well orchestrated screen passes, not including bubble screens. Bubble screens and Syracuse football have never mixed. Maybe, maybe, maybe with DeVito in a few years, but NOT now.

insert “Why not both?” .gif here. ;)

giphy.gif

He didnt even play that bad vs WMU. I have little to 0 worries right now about Tommy Devito.

He didnt even play that bad vs WMU. I have little to 0 worries right now about Tommy Devito.

Dude if Dungey was out for the game we probably lose due to Devito not getting into the end zone any of those drives and most 3 and outing. It was 34-7 when he entered and 34-28 when Dungey came back none of that is on him?

I like him as a prospect for the future for lack of a better term there is upside you simply didn't have with a guy like Mahoney but that wasn't a good debut. Glad he likely get back out there a week later and respond.

Dude if Dungey was out for the game we probably lose due to Devito not getting into the end zone any of those drives and most 3 and outing. It was 34-7 when he entered and 34-28 when Dungey came back none of that is on him?

I like him as a prospect for the future for lack of a better term there is upside you simply didn't have with a guy like Mahoney but that wasn't a good debut. Glad he likely get back out there a week later and respond.

the other 21 guys complletely fell apart around him when he came in.

did devito play terrible? no. did he play great? no. is my number 1 concern bringing in 2 qb's if he doesnt score 2 tds today? hahaha not even in my thought process.

First offensive play. Play action, deep ball to Butler. TD. Put all that bad stuff behind us immediately. Onward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom