What I like and don't like about playing Ohio State | Syracusefan.com

What I like and don't like about playing Ohio State

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Don't like:
Matching up w/ Sullinger without Melo. This is the 1st game where not having him could really hurt us.
They looked pretty good against zone last night.
I think right now they are the 2nd most physically talented team left to play in the tournament (after UK)

Like:
We haven't played them yet this year and they have little time to prepare for our zone.
They play man-to-man.
Not much of a shotblocker back there-Hope we don't settle for contested 3's.

Scoop and especially Triche have to be really careful dribbling infront of Craft, he gets his hands on everything (not really worried about Dion in that aspect)

Big distinction here: They played vs. a zone last night, but it wasn't the Syracuse zone. You can't practice against any other D1 team or scout team to get a feel of how we play our zone. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Have Xmas and Sullinger played against each other before? (AAU/summer camps?)

I am more concerned with Buford and Thomas. Sullinger will get his pojnts but those two inside the zone with him are bad news.

Ohowihateohiostate is actually my wireless network name at home.
I can not tell you how many Big10 fans use that name or password but I bet its
a huge number.

I can not tell you how many Big10 fans use that name or password but I bet its
a huge number.

It replaced 'Georgetown is full of douchebags' (seriously).

Big distinction here: They played vs. a zone last night, but it wasn't the Syracuse zone. You can't practice against any other D1 team or scout team to get a feel of how we play our zone. Often imitated, never duplicated.

^^^^
This :cool:

We haven't played them yet this year and they have little time to prepare for our zone.

Thad Matta had his players preparing for the zone all week. How many times does it have to be repeated?

I'm sure lots of teams that are going to face us prepare for a zone. You CAN NOT simulate our length, athleticism and defensive tenacity in practices.

See 2003

And your point is? Zone helped SU win 1 game, and almost buried them in another. The other 4 were offensive clinics.

I'm sure lots of teams that are going to face us prepare for a zone. You CAN NOT simulate our length, athleticism and defensive tenacity in practices.

You're right. Nothing will prepare them for Scoop's defensive tenacity and Joseph going for phantom steals.

JB will pack it in and dare OSU to pull off a "Wiscy". They won't.

I liked our chances against OSU last year and with Melo this year. Don't like taking on the Buckeyes without him. But I do like that Christmas, who hasn't played two good games in a row all season, didn't play that well against Wisconsin. So he's due for another strong outing and this is the right matchup for that.

Not concerned with Craft. He can't guard everyone. Buford and Thomas concern me from long-range because of their size.

Time to retire the mantis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom