What I read on the Pitt board last night | Syracusefan.com

What I read on the Pitt board last night

T

tee1222

Did you know that one ref originally waved off the basket after the "review" lol was concluded? Another ref had to correct him, but he tried to award the game to Pitt? Really? How do you get that wrong, did you think no one would notice? haha, kinda an important game. Gee, I wonder which ref that would be that made that booboo.

Someone needs to investigate this guy and what happened. I will watch a replay and most curious about the Cooney play of all of those calls. Let's be perfectly honest. They did give us a few bad calls as well. But that doesn't mean they weren't bought.

If you think this is a conspiracy, you should really have a look at that Cooney play.
Anyway LGO! So proud of this team beating Punk Pitt and the refs.

Boyeeeeeeeee.

For a couple seconds on TV you could hear the home Pitt fans cheering. I figured they had just misinterpreted some ref gesture or something. If a ref seriously tried to wave that off he needs to be let go immediately.
Did you know that one ref originally waved off the basket after the "review" lol was concluded? Another ref had to correct him, but he tried to award the game to Pitt? Really? How do you get that wrong, did you think no one would notice? haha, kinda an important game. Gee, I wonder which ref that would be that made that booboo.

Someone needs to investigate this guy and what happened. I will watch a replay and most curious about the Cooney play of all of those calls. Let's be perfectly honest. They did give us a few bad calls as well. But that doesn't mean they weren't bought.

If you think this is a conspiracy, you should really have a look at that Cooney play.

Boyeeeeeeeee.

It seemed like we got a lot of out of bounds calls that were actually off of us, but those refs spent 40 minutes trying to decide on what is and isn't a foul. It's like they were just randomly blowing their whistle at times.

Boyeeeeeeeee.
The Mob will take care of him for not living up to his end of the bargain.

the announcers on the Pitt feed thought it was waived off too. Apparently he was making the motion to show that the game was over, because they were reviewing if there was any time left on the clock. Pitt fans read that as no basket and had their hearts ripped out of their chests.

I am not positive, but I think the gesture was to say there was no time remaining. I believe that was the primary reason they looked at the shot again. I know they have to make sure he got it off in time, but I believe they were also checking to see if there should be time left. You can also see Matt Park doing the "no good" gesture, but if you read his lips he's saying no time left.

the announcers on the Pitt feed thought it was waived off too. Apparently he was making the motion to show that the game was over, because they were reviewing if there was any time left on the clock. Pitt fans read that as no basket and had their hearts ripped out of their chests.

This makes much more sense

Matt Park announced it on the radio as the basket being called off. I was at work and almost crapped myself when heard him say Stephens waved it off. There was no need to even go to the monitor. It almost seemed like the refs were hoping and wanting to overturn it and give pitt the win. Even on the first replay, one could easily see the shot was in time, yet it still took nearly a minute of reviews before Stephens decided he could not hose us.

Worst call of the game was awarding three points to Pitt on what clearly was a two point jumper from the corner. Dave O'Brien said they were going to review it but they never changed it to a two.

Maybe he was waiving off the review because the other refs were taking too long and it was so clearly good to the naked eye?

when you pause the video the ball is in the air with 1.1 seconds left. nobody in their right mind would think that was no good.

Even real time I was trying to figure out what they were reviewing. It wasn't even close. And in my older age I've become the guy that needs to see everything on replay.

Worst call of the game was awarding three points to Pitt on what clearly was a two point jumper from the corner. Dave O'Brien said they were going to review it but they never changed it to a two.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!

Or when Fair was literally tackled oob after a drive and a layup. He may have whiplash from that hit.

They were taking so long to review such an obvious basket, and with everything that happened before that, it definitely crossed my mind they would waive it off and we'd have no recourse.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!

Or when Fair was literally tackled oob after a drive and a layup. He may have whiplash from that hit.

Or when the guy fell into Trevor and Trevor got called for a charge.
or when Rak was a foot away from the guy in the paint and got his 3rd, or when ... ... ... these refs need to be investigated.

There were so many bad calls, thank goodness we won.

This has got to be the right answer. The issue of the review had to be whether there was any time left on the clock, and did Pitt have another play. Ennis' basket was never in question. So the ref signaled the game was over, and people interpreted as the basket was no good.

There was one play where a Pitt guy fell over the top of a SU defender and no call was made. Pitt drove the lane and there was some very incidental contact and SU was called for a foul. You could see Dixon screaming for a foul, completely ignoring the Pitt guy laying on top of the SU player.

Tobias Funke said:

No doubt it was signaling the game was over. But it confused a lot of people. While the ref isn't in the picture, watch JB just before we all knew it was really officially over. He had a look of "it's not good"?

TWhy are so many people ignoring the fact that it was reviewed to see if any time was left on the clock? That was the purpose of the review, so that is why the ref waived. The game was over.

I do have one theory in terms of why it took so long. Maybe the Pitt scorekeeper was trigger happy on the inbounds at 4.4, so possibly the refs could have adjusted the clock for that... I remember some odd stuff in a Xavier-Butler games a few year ago, where the Refs adjusted based on actual time played.

I couldn't believe they kept that as a 3, his toes were clearly on the line.

when you pause the video the ball is in the air with 1.1 seconds left. nobody in their right mind would think that was no good.

Except the Pitt fans who thought the ref waived off the shot.

No doubt it was signaling the game was over. But it confused a lot of people. While the ref isn't in the picture, watch JB just before we all knew it was really officially over. He had a look of "it's not good"?
I didn't see it, but the refs should have signaled good basket first with the arm going down and then waive off that there is no time left and the game is over. If the officials just came out and waived their arms out (ala John Cahill in the 6 OT game after Devo's shot), I can see where people would be confused. The ref is supposed to make the good basket signal before any signal that time has expired.

Yeah, I saw that look. A few more seconds and he was going to have a fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom