What I read on the Pitt board last night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What I read on the Pitt board last night

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!

Or when Fair was literally tackled oob after a drive and a layup. He may have whiplash from that hit.

Yeah, he got blasted after the whistle past the stanchion, nothing.

Did you know that one ref originally waved off the basket after the "review" lol was concluded? Another ref had to correct him, but he tried to award the game to Pitt? Really? How do you get that wrong, did you think no one would notice? haha, kinda an important game. Gee, I wonder which ref that would be that made that booboo.

Someone needs to investigate this guy and what happened. I will watch a replay and most curious about the Cooney play of all of those calls. Let's be perfectly honest. They did give us a few bad calls as well. But that doesn't mean they weren't bought.

If you think this is a conspiracy, you should really have a look at that Cooney play.
Anyway LGO! So proud of this team beating Punk Pitt and the refs.

Boyeeeeeeeee.

The bookies left town after this one!

Except the Pitt fans who thought the ref waived off the shot.

The only storming the court direction was the Pittsburgh fans heading towards the exits!

There was one play where a Pitt guy fell over the top of a SU defender and no call was made. Pitt drove the lane and there was some very incidental contact and SU was called for a foul. You could see Dixon screaming for a foul, completely ignoring the Pitt guy laying on top of the SU player.

For a second, I though we were playing at the Yum arena! Just wait until we play at Cameron and get calls like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljINKpOgRPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljINKpOgRPk

It seemed like we got a lot of out of bounds calls that were actually off of us, but those refs spent 40 minutes trying to decide on what is and isn't a foul. It's like they were just randomly blowing their whistle at times.
I've heard that refs will sometimes award the ball to the other team instead of whistling a foul. The one that was clearly off of CJ was off him only because he was dang near tackled from behind. Instead of whistling a foul on the Pitt player (which would have just given the ball to Syracuse), they skipped the foul and just gave the ball to Syracuse.

For a second, I though we were playing at the Yum arena! Just wait until we play at Cameron and get calls like this:

Except the Dukies will be tired playing 4 games in 7 days with us being their last game of the week.

I just watched the Cooney replay. It's not as bad as I thought, and I can see that one being a mistake. But as mentioned already, the guy loses his footing, bumbles towards TC and takes him down, Cooney sort of falls into him. That is not an offensive foul and it's still very funny to watch. Even ESPN had their hesitations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom