What I saw on TV today | Syracusefan.com

What I saw on TV today

FAL

No comment.
1. Watched season two episode of the HBO series The Wire entitled Duck and Cover where there was a decidedly positive reference to Jim Brown's days at SU as a lacrosse player.

2. Channel 9 had a nice little feature about Macky and Mike Williams.

Who dared call TV the "Vast Wasteland"!?!

(Sorry for the lack of links--I tried.)

I didn't watch the wire until its last season and then I watched the other seasons in a marathon, Just a great series - mos def.

Agree.

Also agree with all comments. I just discovered the wire and blew through every episode in every season in about 2 weeks. It was epic.

That's an intense binge! Nice work, bro!

and I saw Grand Funk RailRoad at Harborfest tonight.

their drummer was great as the percussion coming from the drums felt like CPR. being performed all night on me.

old Detroit city rock&roll maxed out.

That's an intense binge! Nice work, bro!
There's an empty void in my life. I'll try boardwalk empire, but I've never seen anything as good as the wire

There's an empty void in my life. I'll try boardwalk empire, but I've never seen anything as good as the wire

I think it's the best as well. Breaking Bad, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, all excellent though. GoT and Walking Dead if you're into the fantasy stuff.

Last edited:
Omar yo.
845178.gif

I think it's the best as well. Breaking Bad, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, all excellent though. GoT and Walking Dead if you're into the fantasy stuff.
You have to watch The Killing... top notch police drama and after Season 3, the network dropped it, but Netflix gobbled it up and is releasing Season 4 (the final season), August 1. Not sure why, but this show never developed a ton of fanfare. It's very very well written.

You have to watch The Killing... top notch police drama and after Season 3, the network dropped it, but Netflix gobbled it up and is releasing Season 4 (the final season), August 1. Not sure why, but this show never developed a ton of fanfare. It's very very well written.

I thought it was great! No question. Didn't know that about the Netflix/Season 4 scenario. Thanks!

Orangepace said:

Yep The Killing is one of the best shows out imo. Very well written. Holder's character is great on so many levels. Sucks this final season is just 6 episodes.

rocklloyd said:
The Shield, Homeland, The Killing, and Game of Thrones round out my top 5 with The Wire taking the top spot.

The Americans has a chance to crack the top 5 if it continues at it's current pace after 2 great seasons.