What if Mookie Jones was on the team | Syracusefan.com

What if Mookie Jones was on the team

Cusetime

Walk On
What effect would Mookie Jones have on this years team if he were playing instead of Ron Patterson.

1. Would we win more Games? or Lose more or stay the same number of wins.

2. Would his 3 point threat open things up for Trevor and Rak?

3. Would his defense kill us?

PhatOrange said:
we'd get a heck of a lot more scoring than we are now from the bench, he'd actually make some shots.
You mean shooting.

He'd play more minutes than Christian White and that's it. He was a 2G who didn't play defense or handle the ball, so thinking he'd see the floor over Cooney or Patterson is just not realistic.

What effect would Mookie Jones have on this years team if he were playing instead of Ron Patterson.

He might be effective getting kick out passes when christmas is doubled from either the weak side or as the entry passer if his man leaves to double. He can be an effective catch and shoot player and if he got the shots Ron has been getting, he would definitely knock more of those down. think overall his defense would kill us. He might be worse on D than KJ is right now.

He would have forced teams to guard him on the perimeter on offense which would help Rak/G/Coon/Tyler since we have two guards who currently are left alone out there. Of course he'd give up plenty of shots on defense himself while also being a down grade from a ballhandling standpoint to Buss/Kaleb.

It was entertaining to watch him come in during blow outs and catch fire unfortunately the few times JB put him in during undecided games hoping he could make some 3's it didn't happen and the lack of bringing much else to the court forced JB to sit him back down.

I had no idea Mookie was on this board and that his handle is Cusetime.

Welcome, Mookie! Hope you stick around.

I miss screaming "MOOOOOOOOOOOKKKIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE" more than anything in the world. If my buddy didnt already have a dog named Mookie, I for sure would.

I don't know that I even understand the question. Are you suggesting [even if we suspend disbelief / violate time travel rules of physics] that if we could transpose Mookie's senior year that he didn't play here, and put him on this squad?

I mean, I don't see how he could be any worse offensively than BJ and Ron. He'd probably play. And he'd probably contribute more offensively than those two have, realistically.

The asshat behind me in 211 would continue to yell "shoot it mookie" everytime he touched the ball.
Asshat? It's not Steve Asshat, is it? Of the Canandaigua Asshats?

I miss screaming "MOOOOOOOOOOOKKKIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE" more than anything in the world. If my buddy didnt already have a dog named Mookie, I for sure would.
We should nickname someone Mookie. Mook. Mk. Mc. McCullough? Mook-Cullough?

Nah.

Wait. Moustapha. Mookstapha.

MOOKIE DIAGNE!

I keep wondering all the time what Captain J might think about our odd topics.
Oh Captain, My Captain

And to the OP, I always was rooting for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom