What if our new OC wins this weekend? | Syracusefan.com

What if our new OC wins this weekend?

OrangeFoo

All American
A lot of speculation that our new OC is on a staff that is in the NFL playoffs this weekend. Well what if his team wins... What if they make it to the Super Bowl? Are we going to wait around?

Maybe there will be a bunch of announcements about the coaching staff tomorrow but is anyone else concerned that our staff especially on the offensive side is totally unsettled right now? It's gotta be hard to recruit without knowing who will coach these guys. I would love to have access to HCSS's phone records or this weekend bet it would be quite interesting and possibly frightening to see what's going on behind the scenes.

He can be announced though, that's pretty important right now.

Curse you, Peyton Manning, for keeping John Harbaugh off our staff for another week!

My prediction is that we will all be underwhelmed. There isn't really any likely names on these playoff teams. I suspect either we hate going very cheap or Shafer's a-list is saying thanks but no thanks. The silence on this front is extremely telling. The timing of this has really screwed us, most of the college churn is over and good coaches are 100% focused on recruiting.

I hope I am eating my words but I doubt the new OC will be anyone we have really heard about much less a big name.

My prediction is that we will all be underwhelmed. There isn't really any likely names on these playoff teams. I suspect either we hate going very cheap or Shafer's a-list is saying thanks but no thanks. The silence on this front is extremely telling. The timing of this has really screwed us, most of the college churn is over and good coaches are 100% focused on recruiting.

I hope I am eating my words but I doubt the new OC will be anyone we have really heard about much less a big name.

Oh you mean like when Marrone and Hackett we're hired?

He can be announced though, that's pretty important right now.
If that's the case and they don't want to make the official announcement, usually the rumors still come to the forefront. I hate to generalize but time is somewhat of the essence. Shafer needs to follow up Friday's press conference with another announcement come Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom