What If Sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What If Sports

AFO- our trial league is full, shouldnt we have a sched by now? or will we get it tomorrow?

Just from what I've seen so far, I am 100% down with a syracusefan league. I'm a little pissed that I'm just finding out about this now tho!

AFO- our trial league is full, shouldnt we have a sched by now? or will we get it tomorrow?

Just from what I've seen so far, I am 100% down with a syracusefan league. I'm a little pissed that I'm just finding out about this now tho!

Been a while...think it takes no more than 24hrs...i think much less...but dont recall..has been easily 7-8yrs since i played this...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Additional Information/FAQs for a football league:

#133 General Q. I don't have a credit card, can I still play in full-season leagues?
A. Yes, click here for additional methods of payment. click here for more details...

#142 General Q. What does my rating mean? How is it calculated?
A. Each team owner is given a rating. This rating is based on who you've played, whether you've won or lost and by how much. It is similiar in concept to the RPI ratings used for college basketball or Jeff Sagarin's ratings. click here for more details...

#145 General Q. How do I remove a team from my team management center after the season is over?
A. Once your season is over, teams will automatically be removed from your team management center within 2 weeks.

#832 General Q. What prizes are given out for SimLeague Football?
A. As if the glory and admiration of your defeated opponents wasn't enough, the League Champion also receives 3,000 Reward Points* for use in the WhatIfSports Reward Center! click here for more details...

#134 Leagues Q. Can I change leagues once I have drafted my team and joined a league?
A. Yes, but under certain conditions. It will require you to fill out a customer support ticket. click here for more details...

#138 Leagues Q. How do I create a private league for my friends and I?
A. You can create a new Private League when you draft your team. click here for more details...

#139 Leagues Q. How do I join a private league that a friend of mine has created?
A. When drafting a team, you will be prompted to join a league. Select the option to join an existing league and enter the League Number of the Private League (provided by the owner of the league). If there are still openings, your team will be added.

#140 Leagues Q. How will I know when my league is ready to start?
A. As soon as your league is full, all team owners will receive an email notifying them that league play is ready to begin. Please make sure your email address is correct or you won't receive the notification.

#141 Leagues Q. Can I play in more than one league at once?
A. Yes! While each WhatIfSports member may only participate in one Exhbition SimLeague within a 30 day period, but you may participate in as many full-season SimLeagues as you wish!

#144 Leagues Q. What's the difference between a "Private" league and a "Theme" league?
A. A Private League can only be joined by owners that are invited, but otherwise has no rules for the league different than an Open League. Theme Leagues may have varying salary caps and owner-created rules for teams. click here for more details...

#136 Draft Center Q. Do I have to draft my entire team at once?
A. No. We save your draft picks as you make them so you can come back as many times as you need to complete your team (up to 30 days from the date you begin drafting).

#137 Draft Center Q. Do I have to draft at least 1 player at each position?
A. You must draft the minimum number of players for each position. This is displayed on the draft center page, which also indicates which pieces you have left to draft to have a valid team. click here for more details...

#147 Gameplay Q. Are there injuries?
A. Yes, but ONLY in full-season leagues - there are no injuries (or fatigue) in the exhibition season leagues. click here for more details...

#148 Gameplay Q. What are the player Ratings?
A. Player Ratings are used to indicate the relative performance of players and team units for various categories. These Ratings will help compare performance between players and team units from different eras. click here for more details...

#149 Gameplay Q. How does the Stamina Rating and fatigue work?
A. There are Stamina Ratings for passing, receiving, and rushing. The higher the ratings, the better. These Stamina Ratings determine how much the player can play. click here for more details...

#151 Gameplay Q. What happens if a player is passing, rushing, or receiving more than they did in real life?
A. A player that is passing, rushing, or receiving more during a game than they did in real life will start to degrade in performance, as well as possibly increasing their injury chances. click here for more details...

#155 Gameplay Q. How does weather affect the game?
A. Poor weather (e.g. rain, wind) will generally decrease passing completions, field goal accuracy, and rushing yards depending on the severity of the weather, while interceptions and fumbles will generally be increased.

#143 Schedules Q. Where do I find the boxscores to see how my team did?
A. We have centralized everything you need to know about your league within the Team Management Center. click here for more details...

#579 Schedules Q. Why does my game score say I won or lost 2-0 when the actual score was more.
A. A 2-0 score is awarded for a forfeited game. This happens when a team can not field enough healthy players. The play-by-play will explain when this happened during the game.

#146 Coaching Options Q. What's the deadline for making coaching moves?
A. Any coaching decisions must be made by 11:59pm EST for overnight games to ensure that your requested changes are used for the next scheduled game.

#150 Coaching Options Q. How does the depth chart work?
A. The depth chart allows you to indicate how much action a certain player gets. The SimEngine uses your depth chart to determine who gets on the field for each play. click here for more details...

#152 Coaching Options Q. Can I set up a formation with no RBs to Always Run?
A. Rushing for WRs, TEs, and QBs is determined by the player's Rushing Stamina rather than your playbook. click here for more details...

#153 Coaching Options Q. What happens if I do not set my Depth Chart?
A. If you do not set your depth chart, then players will be picked for each position based on their natural position and salary. It is recommended that you set your depth chart to ensure you get the players you want into the game.

#154 Coaching Options Q. What is Defensive Focus?
A. The performance of your defense depends mainly on their historical stats. The Defensive Focus is a way that allows you to bend their performance towards rush or pass for certain circumstances. click here for more details...

#156 Coaching Options Q. What happens if I don't make changes at halftime?
A. Nothing. Your original settings you made for the first half are carried over and used for the second half.

#158 Coaching Options Q. How do I save and load my own Playbooks?
A. On the Offensive Playbook page in the Coach's Office, you will find a Load Playbook section and a Save Playbook section at the bottom of the page. click here for more details...

#784 Coaching Options Q. Why did my team use a formation that is not in my playbook?
A. Sometimes a team will face a situation where the engine is looking for a run or pass play specifically, so the engine is only going to pick a play that is set towards that play call. click here for more details...

#135 Roster Management Q. Can I change my roster after I join a league?
A. No, once you click on 'Create Team', your roster can not be modified until your season starts. click here for more details...

#157 Roster Management Q. How does the Waiver Wire work? How frequently are players added?
A. The Waiver Wire can be found by clicking on GM's Office. The Waiver Wire shows players that are available to be claimed. click here for more details...

#539 Known Issues Q. I get an error when I try to access my Offensive Playbook page.
A. This is generally caused by bad data. It may also be encountered with older browsers. click here for more details...

#138 Leagues Q. How do I create a private league for my friends and I?
A. You can create a new Private League when you draft your team. When you start to draft your team, you will be prompted to select a league. One of the options is to create a New Private League. The Private League will have a League Number (e.g. NFL1000) which you will need to give to the people you want to invite.
They will join the Private League in the same manner, except they will select to join an Existing League and enter the League Number. This will allow them to join your Private League.
Please note that Private Leagues are restricted to the $60 million salary cap.
Private Leagues require 24 teams to start. You have 7 days to fill the open spots in your league with your friends. After 7 days, your league will be opened to the public to fill the remaining spots.

#144 Leagues Q. What's the difference between a "Private" league and a "Theme" league?
A. A Private League can only be joined by owners that are invited, but otherwise has no rules for the league different than an Open League. Theme Leagues may have varying salary caps and owner-created rules for teams. A private league is opened up to the public after 7 days.
Click here for a list of theme leagues

Awesome, thanks man.

Today was my first day recruiting on the college football dynasty. Its pretty in-depth, I'm thinking the basketball one would be a little less time consuming. They dont have any openings until next week, but I think I'm going to reserve a team. I'll prolly only do dynasty football for one season, and then go all in on my basketball team.

I'm still down for the syracusefan league tho. lemme knowwww

Awesome, thanks man.

Today was my first day recruiting on the college football dynasty. Its pretty in-depth, I'm thinking the basketball one would be a little less time consuming. They dont have any openings until next week, but I think I'm going to reserve a team. I'll prolly only do dynasty football for one season, and then go all in on my basketball team.

I'm still down for the syracusefan league tho. lemme knowwww

Which world in Hoops Dynasty?

Which world in Hoops Dynasty?

Well, Phelan says next sign ups are the 17th, but its not letting me reserve a team. I'm going to keep my eye on that one, it might open up. I also like that they play 2 games a day. If not, Ill make a decision between Allen on the 24th (1 game a day) or Smith on the 28th (2 games a day). Teams can be reserved in both of those as we speak.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

also, Man, I wish it would allow you to view the worlds as they are going on... even tho you're not a member of that world. It would give me something to do lol

also, Man, I wish it would allow you to view the worlds as they are going on... even tho you're not a member of that world. It would give me something to do lol

Yeah that would be nice...

Well, Phelan says next sign ups are the 17th, but its not letting me reserve a team. I'm going to keep my eye on that one, it might open up. I also like that they play 2 games a day. If not, Ill make a decision between Allen on the 24th (1 game a day) or Smith on the 28th (2 games a day). Teams can be reserved in both of those as we speak.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

I am gonna wait until Friday to see if I can sign up for Phelan...if not, then will probably go with Allen.

I'm in if you need 1 more. I just found this thread. I typically don't look at non-Football, Basketball boards.

I'm in if you need 1 more. I just found this thread. I typically don't look at non-Football, Basketball boards.

For the football simulation...we will actually need 24 teams...

for basketball, you just join a world. We would all pick a different d3 team, and start from there. I think this is going to be pretty awesome.

So do you have a football league or not? I will sign up tomorrow morning, but which football league should I join?

So do you have a football league or not? I will sign up tomorrow morning, but which football league should I join?
We dont have a syracusefan league yet, waiting for more interested parties. I joined a college football dynasty league which you should still be able to join. Recruiting just started today. I'm in the "stagg" world

Not sure...will wait and see what is available...will be a Div III team.

I'm thinking St. John Fisher, but was maybe thinking rocking a team from whatever conference you picked. Or if I took Fisher, we could sched an OOC game

Alsacs - Just trying to get some people to sign up. For a league we have to have 24 teams. Owners can have multiple teams, but would be nice to get 24 different owners. So right now just gauging interest to see if it is feasible.

I'm thinking St. John Fisher, but was maybe thinking rocking a team from whatever conference you picked. Or if I took Fisher, we could sched an OOC game

Hmmm...not sure...gonna wait and see who is available...

this is why I need a season to start fast, lol I'm bored as hell, checking out all the schools i could reserve in each world lol

I'm bumping this.

The season is about to be over in the Football dynasty league, which means the window for new coaches opens Sunday the 16th. I took Alfred University to a 9-5 (7-2) record, and played in the Conference Championships. Right now there are 9 schools open in the Freedom Football Conference. Hartwick, Ithaca, Utica, and Springfield are all open in my division. Utica would take a few seasons to rebuild, lol they just went 1-12, but its possible.

If you have any questions let me know.
www.whatifsport.com
Football dynasty
world : Stagg

Also, the season for the hoops dynasty is coming to a close. Sign ups for new coaches are tuesday the 18th. AFO is in this one with me, hes coaching Ithaca, I'm coaching Keuka. We both took over pretty big rebuilds, (I took over a team with nothing but sophmores, and 5 centers) but a few more good recruiting classes and some progress from my freshman class and I should be alright.

Both leauges have been a blast. Lets get some of you guys to join!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom