What if we lose to Liberty? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What if we lose to Liberty?

If we lose to liberty Dino should be fired after the game. It’s that simple. Rules were set back in coach p days and they should still stand. Make a bowl, .500 record,... Dino has given us nothing other then one 10 win season with a senior class he didn’t recruit. This is his team that he put together, he needs to go if he loses to liberty.

If we lose to liberty Dino should be fired after the game. It’s that simple. Rules were set back in coach p days and they should still stand. Make a bowl, .500 record,... Dino has given us nothing other then one 10 win season with a senior class he didn’t recruit. This is his team that he put together, he needs to go if he loses to liberty.

I don't remember Coach P being fired after we lost to Temple.

I do remember that Coach P had a 10 win season in 2001, and he wasn't fired until three seasons later.

By the same rules, Dino is safe until after 2021.

I do remember that Coach P had a 10 win season in 2001, and he wasn't fired until three seasons later.

Timing has nothing to do with it. 4 out of 5 years of failure is a trend. Also most ppl here would take coach p type of seasons any day of the year compared to the dumpster fire we have had the last 20 years.

LOL his buyout is likely so large that it would be silly to fire him simply because of cost effective stand point.

Our mouths salivated to early after the 10 win season...

Sounds like the same optimism all off season about how our OL had turned it around. They

if that was based on having DDavis and Bleich starting at guard with Tisdale,PDavis, Red, and Froumy backing up, then that optimism was probably warranted.

there isn’t anyone here who thought the ol was a strength when the actual game day roster was released

LOL his buyout is likely so large that it would be silly to fire him simply because of cost effective stand point.

how many millions will su lose in revenue when fans are allowed back in and there are only 5k in the stands.

What if Syracuse loses to Liberty? I will shoot that deer when it crosses into my scope. My god, the flames of armageddon and paranoia are being fanned heavy duty around here. People relax. Things kinda are what they are right now and everyone freaked about the team and "what ifs" aren't doing themselves any favors. Let's just see what happens. Wildhack is not oblivious. Let him deal as necessary with the coaches and overall product on the field. I am more interested in will the players rally? I guarantee Wildhack has criteria he is evaluating Dino by. Will Tex get some game time and look overwhelmed or like Donovan McNab when first given his shot? Is this the week we get an oline back? Is Tucker back in the lineup? Do a couple of freshman receivers get a look? Do our linebackers respond better this week after film room? That's the kind of stuff to focus on.

Stupid

They could hire an up and coming coach for less money and build an incentive contract which would go big after the buyout was passed thru the system. A guy like Sean Lewis comes to mind. He actually did build and turn around Kent St.

Lets see what dino can whip up, its challenging times, you cant turn a roster in 4-5 years, itll take 7-9, were decimated and have a ridiculous schedule, lets hope dino can scrape together 4-5 wins and then continue building.

Lets see what dino can whip up, its challenging times, you cant turn a roster in 4-5 years, itll take 7-9, were decimated and have a ridiculous schedule, lets hope dino can scrape together 4-5 wins and then continue building.

I am not in the boat of firing him this season or even after this season, but I'm also not willing to wait until year 9. That seems to be a bit too generous.

Cusefan78 & Cusefan69...any relation?
What are the odds that 2 handles are almost identical. Interesting.
It was the man on the grassy knoll who did it! Ummm not sure what your driving at chief, I have no idea who 78 is. If you find this interesting though I would suggest that you have to much time on your hands and not enough excitement in your life. Then again crazier things have happened...
698C2733-D423-497A-8A3A-583A129EB28B.gif

While I hope some day that Dino will be in the same company as Coach P, he is not even close yet. Many here tend to forget, Coach P brought us THREE 10 win seasons and THREE 9 win seasons among many other accomplishments. Dino has a ways to go, if he ever gets to that level.

While I hope some day that Dino will be in the same company as Coach P, he is not even close yet. Many here tend to forget, Coach P brought us THREE 10 win seasons and THREE 9 win seasons among many other accomplishments. Dino has a ways to go, if he ever gets to that level.

People wanted Coach Mac fired in 1986.

There are only so many elite college football power 5 jobs. Dino will not be fired this season but a loss to liberty Saturday and he should be put on notice by the University, bowl or bust next season. This isn’t year 3, and is it as bad as Grob era? No but it’s no better then Shaffer and certainly worse then Coach P and Marrone.

There are only so many elite college football power 5 jobs. Dino will not be fired this season but a loss to liberty Saturday and he should be put on notice by the University, bowl or bust next season. This isn’t year 3, and is it as bad as Grob era? No but it’s no better then Shaffer and certainly worse then Coach P and Marrone.

Reasonable take and how I feel about the situation also.

he is responsible for the best season record in 20 years.

he’s done a better job than Shafer without a doubt. If the Oline wasn’t gutted this year its a much different story.

I can’t believe I’m saying this right now but Liberty is the better football team and quite frankly should beat us. We are hurt all over the place, we have no momentum. Liberty is the opposite, off to one of their best starts in school history, have a ton of momentum and have few injuries. It pains me to say but they should win this game. Crazy how much has gone wrong for Cuse since the Camping World Victory when we seemed to have all the momentum in the world and the pieces in place. Really disappointing this is where we are at right now.

I am not in the boat of firing him this season or even after this season, but I'm also not willing to wait until year 9. That seems to be a bit too generous.

many will disagree but i just rather not get stuck in vicious cycle of firing a guy after 4 years like every other losing program. I believe dino is the guy. He just has zero margin for error right now. It really does take time to stabilize a roster and build depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom