What if.. | Syracusefan.com

What if..

No maronne. In college football you need a coach that can recruit. Period end of story.

Marrone’s offensive line at Alabama got abused today. He can’t coach 5 star athletes.

No maronne. In college football you need a coach that can recruit. Period end of story.
Here’s what I know about Marrone….he can win with marginal talent because he is a really good x and o guy.

His problem is his personality. But, if he can get us to 7 wins…

Here’s what I know about Marrone….he can win with marginal talent because he is a really good x and o guy.

His problem is his personality. But, if he can get us to 7 wins…
And he does not like to recruit….

And he does not like to recruit….
I think that line is just generically used. Sure maybe he didn't like it. What Hc does? He had some solid recruiters on his staff and you can argue, all things equal, he recruited better than Shafer, and Babers. I know for a fact Babers certainly cannot recruit, not develop talent. Give me what Marrone did recruiting to the Big East, with bare bone facilities .

I think that line is just generically used. Sure maybe he didn't like it. What Hc does? He had some solid recruiters on his staff and you can argue, all things equal, he recruited better than Shafer, and Babers. I know for a fact Babers certainly cannot recruit, not develop talent. Give me what Marrone did recruiting to the Big East, with bare bone facilities .
Shafer and Babers were not good at recruiting. Schafer recruited great character guys who were team captains, but for the most part, not wha we need to compete in the ACC.

I think the bad recruiting thing is overstated but Dino has brought in better QBs than Marrone, Better WRs than Marrone. Better RBs than Marrone. While Marrone brought in much better OL than Dino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom