What impact will this game have on | Syracusefan.com

What impact will this game have on

OburgOrange

Living Legend
recruiting? I seriously don't follow it closely. Are there some fence sitters out there who will make the plunge?

This win -- and when we qualify for a bowl game -- are going to give this staff something extremely positive to sell on the recruiting trail. It isn't "faith without evidence" anymore -- this staff is major league legit, and Babers's previous track record of success was a true predictor of how things would unfold here.

Honestly, I think that in 20-30 years, we'll look back on yesterday's win as reverentially as we do the Nebraska win. And I think that when its all said and done, and Babers retires as the Syracuse head coach, he'll be be revered on the level of Coach Mac / Ben.

This win -- and when we qualify for a bowl game -- are going to give this staff something extremely positive to sell on the recruiting trail. It isn't "faith without evidence" anymore -- this staff is major league legit, and Babers's previous track record of success was a true predictor of how things would unfold here.

Honestly, I think that in 20-30 years, we'll look back on yesterday's win as reverentially as we do the Nebraska win. And I think that when its all said and done, and Babers retires as the Syracuse head coach, he'll be be revered on the level of Coach Mac / Ben.
Love this post

The most immediate benefit should be that we are less likely to have any current commits flip.

recruiting? I seriously don't follow it closely. Are there some fence sitters out there who will make the plunge?

Last edited:
Hopefully it will have an effect on attendance, and the overall buzz/atmosphere on gameday. They go hand in hand. The Dome was packed because everyone wanted to see Clemson. I can't wait until the Dome is packed because everyone wants to see Syracuse. Last night was the closest I had seen to the atmosphere during the late 80's early 90's. It still wasn't as loud as some of those Miami games, or Penn State, but it was getting there. It absolutely effects the game.
Speaking of gameday atmosphere and experience. I've been attending the block party at the downtown Marriot pregame. It's a great scene. $5 garage parking, free shuttle to the hill, food trucks, outdoor bars, Shaughnesees Irish Pub, games...just a great time. Then when you're ready to take the party to the hill, you just hop on the shuttle, and hit the bars up on campus. After the game, you get a free pint with your shuttle ticket back at Shaughnesees. Great job, great idea, by whoever put that together.

Had a highly rated LB commit that had some other big schools sniffing around (like UGa) who visited for yesterday's game. Solidifying Juan Wallace's commitment in itself was a huge win.

lkK7hFTOp1s4g.gif

Are we becoming a selector school?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom