What is BJ Johnson? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is BJ Johnson?

Lawrence Moten comes to mind. Did't Stevie Thompson play there at times earlier in his career? Erich Santifer another one. Thing is, we don't have a Bouie, Schayes, Coleman, Seikaly, Otis Hill, Wallace type to complement them. In all actuality we played (3) 4's 3's, one each at 3,4,and 5. That's tough. Especially when you play against a real 5 who knows what they are doing.
When we had Moten there we had guys like Conrad McRae and Dave Siock at the 5. Moten's freshman year we had Dave Johnson at the 4. Those, of course, were our lean years, but we made it work back then. If we need scoring and that's one way we can get it, I hope JB thinks outside of the box and tries it in the future.

Again, he is a very good and talented basketball player who can play multiple positions. I propose this question: What is Kobe? 1/2/3, Melo 3/4, KD 1/2/3/4, LBJ 1/2/3/4, Tim D 4/5, R Westbrook 1/2, AI 1/2, Dirk 3/4/5, Blake 3/4/5, C Bosh 3/4/5, G Gervin 2/3, Reggie Miller 2/3 Majic 1/2/3/4/5 Bird 2/3/4 and could name a hundred other players that answer your question that are very, very good players. (Left out college players for a great reason!)
View attachment 9486

Don't leave me hanging...does that shot go in? ;)

I think he has enough length and athleticism to man the bottom of the zone. Especially considering many teams are not that big at the 3 anyway (3 guard teams for example). While we view our 3's as CJ/Fair/KJo/Southerland, other team's 3's are typically smaller. It's a nice luxury to be clearly bigger, but not a necessity either.

It could definetely work. In 2009, Andy Rautins played the bottom of the zone alot.

We know Jim Boeheim loves his 7 man rotation -- and you can't always get around playing everyone exclusively at the top or bottom of the zone if that is your goal. Sometimes you need one player to do both to keep that tight rotation.

Some years he has been able to keep the division between top/bottom. But not always.

I could see BJ as the guy to play both the top/bottom next year if JB insists on a 7 man rotation.

Last edited:
Imagine this.

IF Ennis leaves and we fail to get a JUCO guard.. (could happen).

Imagine this zone.

Gbinije at point (KJ takes a rest)

BJ at SG (Cooney's off)

Roberson/Grant at the 3

McCullough at the 4

Rak at the 5

That's what...

6'6
6'7
6'8/6'9
6'10
6'9

Sweet Jesus H. Christ.

I know, I know it'll probably never ever happen.

This is absurd. How much did Hak weigh? He faired pretty well at the 3.
Size wise is KrisJo size. KJo only had those issue when he drove the hole. Poor guy took many brutal hits going to the hole and on fast breaks.
It took its toll on him towards the end of his career.

Size wise is KrisJo size. KJo only had those issue when he drove the hole. Poor guy took many brutal hits going to the hole and on fast breaks.
It took its toll on him towards the end of his career.
I don't think anyone on here would be disappointed if his SU career transpired like KJo's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom