What is Meaning of "we will listen if contacted by another conference" | Syracusefan.com

What is Meaning of "we will listen if contacted by another conference"

arbitragegls

All Conference
Someone once told me that a good lawyer is not one that follows the rules and regulations but rather is one that finds a way around them that remains legal. It took me time to figure out what this meant but once I did--good things started to happen. So what does the above quote from the Chair of Clemson's BOT mean:
1. Clemson is fine in the ACC but it would listen to gather information
2. Clemson is actually posting a sign: please come talk to us--Big 12/SEC..anyone
3. Uconn and Rutgirls must be getting their applications ready for ACC
4. The quietness coming from the ACC as a whole is one based on "no problem we are all together" or is it "What, we need to figure out what is happening" and the Conference has no clue what to do
5. The ACC has this under control and waiting to unveil the plan as the final chapter to this novel that appears to be coming to a conclusion faster than we thought--after all 12/22/12 maybe the end of all we know is fast appoaching

Frankly, there seems to be a great divide between being informed and just out there waiting for either a shoe to fall or a new pair of Ballys to be worn. I admit this BS can definitely drive one crazy if you care and unfortunately most of us on this board care for 'Cuse.

"Please, please, please pick me".

Exactly, the writing is on the wall. Clemson might as well have put a for sale sign on top of the school, these guys want out.

Another possibility is this is a message from Clemson to Greensboro.
"Hey ACC I want to hear what you"ll do for me to keep me happy and in the ACC."

I want to know what ESPN is thinking. They just made a huge investment in the ACC.

I think UConn and Rutgers are behind this whole mess. They will do whatever it takes to get themselves out of the BE and into the ACC.

Picking up buzz about Cuse to the Big 12. Looks like Ollie Luck is on our side.

47_1_navy_model.jpg

I met with a Clemson Alum yesterday. He went to Clemson in the 50's. His three children went to Clemson. His first three Grandkids have all graduated from Clemson. He was on the Board of Visitors at Clemson for many years.

We chatted for a bit about the Idea of Clemson leaving the ACC. He said the BOT would leave the ACC if it was a better deal. No one is sure the Big whatever is a better deal at this point.

He said the President has a ton of power and is against a move. Thinks the BoT will listen to the president.

The is a bunch of dislike for Swofford. The Clemson folks think he is way too NC centric. The alums would like to see Swofford replaced.

The talk radio down here thinks adding Pitt and SU was done solely for basketball reasons.

FWIW

The talk radio down here thinks adding Pitt and SU was done solely for basketball reasons.

When we knock off USC and Missouri this year, they'll be thinking otherwise.

Plus, do we need to remind Clemson fans that they have never scored a point against us in football, while we've put up 41.

Clemson is 0-2 against Pitt and Syracuse combined with a total score of 75-3.

I met with a Clemson Alum yesterday. He went to Clemson in the 50's. His three children went to Clemson. His first three Grandkids have all graduated from Clemson. He was on the Board of Visitors at Clemson for many years.

We chatted for a bit about the Idea of Clemson leaving the ACC. He said the BOT would leave the ACC if it was a better deal. No one is sure the Big whatever is a better deal at this point.

He said the President has a ton of power and is against a move. Thinks the BoT will listen to the president.

The is a bunch of dislike for Swofford. The Clemson folks think he is way too NC centric. The alums would like to see Swofford replaced.

FWIW

Thats because Clemson has no basketball success ... come to think of it, they really have no football success either

I think UConn and Rutgers are behind this whole mess. They will do whatever it takes to get themselves out of the BE and into the ACC.

I think you might be overestimating the power of those two institutions. They will speak when spoken to.

Thats because Clemson has no basketball success ... come to think of it, they really have no football success either

Agreed - when did Clemson become this big football power? I know they have a rabid fanbase, but there isn't much there in terms of on field success - historically or recently. I also don't consider them a national TV draw for the networks. So they're valuable because they care about football, yet haven't been particularly good at it, and can fill a big stadium but have absolutely zero juice nationally. Virginia Tech and Miami are FAR more valuable.

It's pretty clear from the statements coming out of the Clemson and FSU administrations that they have put up the For Sale signs and want out of the neighborhood. This is being driven by emotion and not reason. I don't think it really has to do with football and playoff access. That is just a precipitating excuse. Both these schools have been building to a boil for years because they see the conference as being controlled by the NC Mafia and feel unloved, their interests ignored, and abused. Whether that is real or imagined who knows...but it's real to them. The comments coming from Miami, GaTech, and Virginia Tech are encouraging in that they seem very enthusiastic about the ACC. They seem to be taking the position that they will take care of their interests if it comes to that, but they will not be the ones to set off an implosion. As long as those 3 schools hold the line, the ACC will be fine.

FSU and Clemson want a raise, so they're dropping hints that they're ready to quit the ACC and take a job with Bevo.

Problem is, Bevo isn't officially hiring.

If FSU and Clemson cut their own throats, they'll have little negotiating power with the BigXII, who could easily offer to bring them in for minimum wage.

It's not like FSU and Clemson have a bunch of options ... the SEC doesn't need them, and the BE would never think of making them an offer.

Picking up buzz about Cuse to the Big 12. Looks like Ollie Luck is on our side.

If the ACC liqudates, that would be fine, but short of that, rather be in the ACC. Best institutional fit by far. Best balance between football and basketball.

It's pretty clear from the statements coming out of the Clemson and FSU administrations that they have put up the For Sale signs and want out of the neighborhood. This is being driven by emotion and not reason. I don't think it really has to do with football and playoff access. That is just a precipitating excuse. Both these schools have been building to a boil for years because they see the conference as being controlled by the NC Mafia and feel unloved, their interests ignored, and abused. Whether that is real or imagined who knows...but it's real to them.
Serious question - how is the ACC brass neglecting Clemson and FSU's "interests?" What are those interests?

Nothing wrong with shopping around, this happens all the time when people switch jobs. The question is, is it worth it to move to a new career and if you decide to stay what you can leverage with your existing company.

Serious question - how is the ACC brass neglecting Clemson and FSU's "interests?" What are those interests?

Whether they have or not, the Clemson people sure feel Swofford takes care of NC/Duke interests before worrying about the others. Whether that's perception or reality, don't know. But the Clemson people don't like Swofford for that reason.

Whether they have or not, the Clemson people sure feel Swofford takes care of NC/Duke interests before worrying about the others. Whether that's perception or reality, don't know. But the Clemson people don't like Swofford for that reason.

If that were true, there would have been no expansion in 2004.