What is the spread if this game is in the Dome | Syracusefan.com

What is the spread if this game is in the Dome

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
we talking 2-3 pts advantage or is it irrelevant? I'm assuming a full house. This isn't a discussion point on why the game is in the Meadowlands just curious to know if it would impact at all.

Usually home field is worth 4-5 points. So from a spread standpoint it may be 4-5 less. From an actual performance standpoint for both teams, I suspect we gave away 10 points, maybe more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Usually home field is worth 4-5 points. So from a spread standpoint it may be 4-5 less. From an actual performance standpoint for both teams, I suspect we gave away 10 points, maybe more.

Sagarin says it would be USC -18 in the Dome

Yea, he got that from me. ;)

I should probably add that Sagarin has the "neutral" game USC -21 which is considerably lower than current Vegas lines.
Vegas obviously doesn't feel they can get money on both sides at -21

I love Syracuse with the points in this game. Why is everyone suddenly making Lane Kiffen out to be the best ball coach ever. That guy will cost them points in this game. the talent is one thing but no way they are running away with this game on Saturday. Lay down the law on +26 if that's where it sits.

we talking 2-3 pts advantage or is it irrelevant? I'm assuming a full house. This isn't a discussion point on why the game is in the Meadowlands just curious to know if it would impact at all.
if SU insisted it be in the Dome, it wouldn't happen. That being said, I think it is worth1-2 points at most against USC.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

if SU insisted it be in the Dome, it wouldn't happen. That being said, I think it is worth1-2 points at most against USC.

The traveling west alone

Then they'd have to have bought it out. Then line someone else up.

Why is everyone suddenly making Lane Kiffen out to be the best ball coach ever. That guy will cost them points in this game.

I'm curious if this will be the case. USC will try and win pretty to impress the pollsters but they will be hell bent on passing the ball to do it and keep Barkley's numbers up for heisman polling. They could probably run the ball fairly effectively all game long but won't be interested in doing so.

And how many points does sh gain when it uses the money for staff raises or incentives or improved training/rehab facilities or meeting rooms or anything else that improves recruiting/performance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Then they'd have to have bought it out. Then line someone else up.

USC would not have signed the deal for a home and home. Therefore, there would be no buy out. We are who they think we are, not who we remember us being.

USC would not have signed the deal for a home and home. Therefore, there would be no buy out. We are who they think we are, not who we remember us being.
It was signed as a home and home though.

I thought the series was set up before the Meadowlands deal happened, then they moved the game there?

Huh? It was a deal made in 2007 I think.

I thought the series was set up before the Meadowlands deal happened, then they moved the game there?

Correct.

And how many points does sh gain when it uses the money for staff raises or incentives or improved training/rehab facilities or meeting rooms or anything else that improves recruiting/performance.

Then sell all games to the highest bidder.

USC's offense would probably look very good on our home turf. Given how much they beat up on non conference teams on the road, not sure what the basis for 10 points would be. That crazy Dome crowd? They've seen worse and still dominated.

If we pull off a miracle and win, I'll forever think the venue of NYC was a distraction for them. Barkley probably has his clubbing schedule all worked out. Kiffin too.

Then sell all games to the highest bidder.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Times aren't so desperate anymore but a deal is a deal. Year over year the revenue that the football program will be generating will be significantly higher than it is now on the order of 10 to 15m per year higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom