What is the state of Syracuse Basketball? | Syracusefan.com

What is the state of Syracuse Basketball?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Is it strong?
Are we going to relevant nationally any time soon?

If you were giving a state of union on the program what would it be?

Is it strong?

The timing of this question is a give away, Al. But, I would say that the current state of the program is going to be dependent on Sid's health and effectiveness, 3 point shooting percentage, and JB coming to terms that KR has to be on the floor.

The timing of this question is a give away, Al. But, I would say that the current state of the program is going to be dependent on Sid's health and effectiveness, 3 point shooting percentage, and JB coming to terms that KR has to be on the floor.
It’s more 5 years of medicore regular seasons catching up and the fact a good portion of our fanbase still reacts like criticism is personal when it’s not.

It’s more 5 years of medicore regular seasons catching up and the fact a good portion of our fanbase still reacts like criticism is personal when it’s not.
I hear you on the mediocracy. This year's team has a chance to be a little better than that 5 year trend. But, I think it will be highly dependent on the things I mentioned above.

When I log on I hear Springsteen’s “Glory Years” and that’s all we got

Stale program on the decline. The latest few teams seemingly reflect the coach with little energy and no sense of urgency and aggressiveness. The program desperately needs a new direction and energy infusion. We are a fire that was once blazing hot with wildly unpredictable flames and is now just some smoldering cinders waiting for someone to urinate on them to put the fire out. Where the program was respected and feared in the past as squad that might blow you out of the gym by 49 if you weren’t careful, we are now that tricky team you need 1 extra day of practice to prepare for. Pretty easy to figure out the Cuse one trick pony defense if you have a few skilled players to execute a simple game plan. We are now Cheney’s Temple.

Man the state of syracuse basketball is the same before this game.. a sleeping giant

we clearly are way better than Pitt, game was setting up to be a blowout, talent isnt the issue (its coaching)

I still have a ton of faith in this team, we will forget about this loss quick trust me

I like this team but the coaching needs to be better. Buddy/JG get too many minutes and we need another center to develop to give us more size.

Recruiting wise we're doing a little better, but overall we obviously haven't gotten back to the level we were from 08-14.

Is it strong?

We have been in Bobby Bowden territory ever since we got Buddy, if not a few years before.
Boeheim lost all his remaining objective coaching ability once his son got involved.

My god people. Chillax. Brutal loss today absolutely. But let's regroup and beat Georgetown.

JB didn't forget how to coach during the pause period since Buffalo game.

Is it strong?

7 years of mediocre seasons obscured by a miracle run to the F4 and nice run to the S16. Will not end anytime soon.

I blame you for this happening.

They lost last night, as did the Clippers. Now the Cuse today. This is the price we had to pay for Georgia, so I’m not mad.

People are worried about the decline of the program when we finally turn the reigns over to another coach.

We are already in the decline.
Horse and buggy years have been over for many years. The game and talent have changed. We still have a buggy driver Driving skinny mules.

I like this team but the coaching needs to be better. Buddy/JG get too many minutes and we need another center to develop to give us more size.

Recruiting wise we're doing a little better, but overall we obviously haven't gotten back to the level we were from 08-14.

Yeah, I think we have some pieces and we could be effective with the roster assuming Sid can give us something - but I have no idea if we have a solid strategy with or without Sid. We seem to be stuck in some eternal loop where we "play each game as if it's a title game" even if that means playing lesser players big minutes - because the lesser players create spacing?

I don't know. I'm sure we have a strategy, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Sacrifice all hopes of playing competent defense to go to work with 1.0000003-dimensional 35% 3 point shooters that might get hot if we play them enough?

I'm going to figure it out!!!!! I know the strategy is there....

Bubble team

That’s all we ever are nowadays. It’s getting tiring. I know it could be worse, but this program should never settle and it seems like we have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom