What is there to look forward to? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What is there to look forward to?

You think? UVA is pretty bad. I can’t imagine them retaining their top 25 ranking moving forward.
They're only where they due to their defense, but even the best defense in basketball is never perfect. For comparison, UVA's offensive efficiency is 229th in the country and the next highest ranked team overall on KP with an AdjO over 200, is 9-6 Temple at 89th.

The win at UVA was a great win, and an important one, but I'm not buying tourney tickets just yet.

Last edited:
Wildhack is JB’s boss.
The University leadership won’t interfere in this one.

JB is coaching as long as he wants unless Wildhack pushes the envelope.

This is no different than what happened to Bobby Bowden.

I agree although Bowden was not coaching the last few years in his role. Jimbo was head coach before he became head coach. FSU actually did this well. They allowed Bowden to stick around as long as he wanted, which didn't disrupt anything, and had Fisher in place keeping the team moving in the right direction. Unlike Hop, Jimbo was not just the next head coach in waiting but was functioning in that role before it was made official. I loathe FSU but that was a pretty good transition.

I’ll be honest, and this isn’t an angry post or threatening post, it’s just an acknowledgement...

Ive given up on this program until we make a change.

I tried. I went to the GT game in Atlanta. Watched some games. Forced myself to care as long as I could.

I just don’t.

This isn’t Syracuse Basketball.

I’ll still check in here and look up the scores, but I’m in my mid-30’s, and for the first time in my entire life, I don’t care about Syracuse Basketball.
We are undefeated since you gave up. I’m giving you full credit. Unless I missed a post and you jumped back in.

With this program? I am disheartened by the product. In all honestly, I love the way this team competes, and I like some of the pieces. Think Girard will be good and I believe Edwards will also be a solid player. Buddy is what he is, a really good shooter but lacking everywhere else.

Reality is that we may not be at rock bottom yet. Hughes is likely gone next year. Our recruiting has failed us (for the most part). I’m not a chicken little the sky is falling person but I just don’t see this being any better in the next 2-3 years. Then we go into the Uncertainty of replacing JB and who is going to coach next. Will they be able to draw players to Central N.Y.?

We may only be in the middle of our downward spiral. I don’t want to be Indiana or UCLA. Winters suck around here and a bad SU b-ball program makes them suck so much worse.
Come on, be an Orange fan, not a Debbie Downer!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom