What is this? | Syracusefan.com

What is this?

I've been around long enough to see this coach dumb down good rosters that could play but never like this before. This team has 6 - 7 guys who can play and he's made it so they have no guys that can play. Imagine what someone not playing dinosaur ball could have done with this team? I'm betting a lot. It ain't the players it's the system.

I've been around long enough to see this coach dumb down good rosters that could play but never like this before. This team has 6 - 7 guys who can play and he's made it so they have no guys that can play. Imagine what someone not playing dinosaur ball could have done with this team? I'm betting a lot. It ain't the players it's the system.
I wonder when they do the drills on missing open shots. That's some novel coaching right there.

It's like we took the pill and we're in a high-tech white chamber, sitting next to Emma Stone.

I wonder when they do the drills on missing open shots. That's some novel coaching right there.
Hmmm...how about putting the ball on the floor with your head down and going to the hoop no matter what? How about the coach sitting anyone and everyone who keeps shooting and not driving? How novel would that be? What's inexcusable is continuing to let your shooters shoot when they can't shoot.

And today when he sa
Hmmm...how about putting the ball on the floor with your head down and going to the hoop no matter what? How about the coach sitting anyone and everyone who keeps shooting and not driving? How novel would that be? What's inexcusable is continuing to let your shooters shoot when they can't shoot.
And today when he sat guys for doing that the guys who came in did the exact same thing. So how far down the bench does he go?

I am always very reluctant to take shots at the coaching because there is so much we don't know about what is being done, why, etc. I also know that it is not like our coaching staff just didn't show up to work for the past 3 months - they are more bothered by losses like this than any of us ever could be, I'm sure.

But...

This years team looks like they have never been coached in any kind of offensive concept. Nothing. It is five individuals trying to make individual plays. There is no possibility of even moderate success against a season long schedule of semi-competent Power 5 competition like that. Why it is happening and if it can get resolved to save the season, I have no idea.

Our current offense.

A96B87E5-5CCD-4410-8616-20BC9DB587B1.gif

And today when he sa

And today when he sat guys for doing that the guys who came in did the exact same thing. So how far down the bench does he go?
I once saw Dean Smith dump his starters and his second team on the bench and play his walk-ons for an extended period of time to get across what he wanted. It takes stones to sit some of the players he had back in the day. There's nothing that makes the point more emphatically than the bench.

I once saw Dean Smith dump his starters and his second team on the bench and play his walk-ons for an extended period of time to get across what he wanted. It takes stones to sit some of the players he had back in the day. There's nothing that makes the point more emphatically than the bench.

Roy Williams did that several times at least when he was at Kansas - not for an extended period but enough to make a point.

JB will NEVER do that. He has said he doesn't even put the walk-ons in until the opposing coach does. He will never wave the white flag of surrender.

JB will NEVER do that. He has said he doesn't even put the walk-ons in until the opposing coach does. He will never wave the white flag of surrender.

Yep, you're right, he won't.

Roy Williams did that several times at least when he was at Kansas - not for an extended period but enough to make a point.

I've seen him do it with UNC as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom