What is wrong with People | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with People

I left with about 8 minutes remaining. I would have stayed if only the Dome had air conditioning. *Sigh*

The humidity in the Dome was a factor. Please Dungey, stop leaving your feet. We need you, although I think Mahoney is a capable backup. The football gods surely will prevent yet another season where SU is forced to start a 3rd or 4th or even a 5th string QB.

ForCuseSake said:
I know, I watched. But I'm not going to ask What is wrong with someone who left that game early. It was a used diaper filled with Indian food until someone wrapped it in a plastic Wegmans bag.

That's last year thinking applied to this years team. Down 21 with that much time left was not a death sentence.

just stop it, it was 21-zip before a significant number of people even found their seats. they had 3 TDs and 250 yards on 5 plays. and you are trying to bitch about the fans?

Can't crack 40,000 on a Friday night against a top team in week 2. And tons of people were long gone when the score was 42-28 and we had the ball.

The fan support is a problem. Obviously it would be there if we win big. But it's significantly harder to win big when it's not there. If we are a perennial 7-5 type team, will they show up and help us get over the hump? I'm not sure. If not, It makes things at least a little harder.

I'm not saying the team couldn't come back. I'm saying anyone who criticizes someone for leaving that game early hasn't been paying attention for the last 15 years.

I wouldn't have watched the entire 4 hours and posted on this board if I thought it was hopeless.

I'm not saying the team couldn't come back. I'm saying anyone who criticizes someone for leaving that game early hasn't been paying attention for the last 15 years.

I wouldn't have watched the entire 4 hours and posted on this board if I thought it was hopeless.

What in the past 15 years have you seen that resembles our current offensive system?

I mean...there came a point where the game was clearly 100% over and it was garbage time. Like when we started running the ball every play and still fumbled anyway. Fine. Leave.

So many left Waaaaaaay before that general time period. People do it at hoops games too. Its not a positive.

OrangeDW said:
42-28 with the ball. If you leave at that point you either don't care or don't understand sports(barring 1 in a million emergency that someone would surely point out as a possibility).

But 21-0 on 5 plays in 3.5 minutes means they should just hang in there?

I mean...there came a point where the game was clearly 100% over and it was garbage time. Like when we started running the ball every play and still fumbled anyway. Fine. Leave.

So many left Waaaaaaay before that general time period. People do it at hoops games too. Its not a positive.

The game was lost in the first 5 minutes. It wasn't over until the fourth but it was certainly lost spotting them 21.

Not trying to be a dick to you but I don't understand how people miss the subtle distinction.

Can't crack 40,000 on a Friday night against a top team in week 2. And tons of people were long gone when the score was 42-28 and we had the ball.

The fan support is a problem. Obviously it would be there if we win big. But it's significantly harder to win big when it's not there. If we are a perennial 7-5 type team, will they show up and help us get over the hump? I'm not sure. If not, It makes things at least a little harder.
the people that showed up were loud, and they were treated to 21-0. just stop it on the crowd. it's unreal that this program gets the fan support it gets in comparison to how bad the football has been. stop it on the crowd stuff. I don't know how many ways to say the same thing, you are wrong, stop it.

42-28 with the ball. If you leave at that point you either don't care or don't understand sports(barring 1 in a million emergency that someone would surely point out as a possibility).

So go tell them

Cootface said:
But 21-0 on 5 plays in 3.5 minutes means they should just hang in there?

We were down to Clemson last year in a similar manner after 5 min. Made that a game.

So - yeah - people leave too early. Makes them look like people who don't understand the sport.

NineOneSeven said:
It's also nothing for louisville. Which we saw...a tad of.

Sure. But had we a 4th like the 2nd and 3rd and we'd be right there.

It's a different mindset. It's going to take a 28pt 4thQ to train people not to leave.

the people that showed up were loud, and they were treated to 21-0. just stop it on the crowd. it's unreal that this program gets the fan support it gets in comparison to how bad the football has been. stop it on the crowd stuff. I don't know how many ways to say the same thing, you are wrong, stop it.

Nah. You're wrong. Our fan support is no better than any of the other programs in our "peer class" and for our history it kinda sucks. Pathetic turnouts for top opponents the last two years too.

SMH at people getting personally offended. It's a problem. Best believe our coach and AD want to get it figured out.

What in the past 15 years have you seen that resembles our current offensive system?

Again... For some reason we tend to associate people on this board with the other 40,000 people we want in the stands. All of us post here because we either love syracuse sports or have some association with the university, and also are knowledgable about the game to a degree. MOST other fans don't sit back and go you know what, this Tampa 2 defense isn't working but wow this fast offense filled with effective bubble screens, slants, and qb options has potential. They see us down 21-0 in 4 minutes.

orangehomer said:

YOU DONT LEAVE if you can feasibly win the game. They are wrong and probably the same people who tried to leave down 4 vs UNC in basketball with 3 min left.

We were down to Clemson last year in a similar manner after 5 min. Made that a game.

So - yeah - people leave too early. Makes them look like people who don't understand the sport.
we got our asses whipped. people leave early for a variety of reasons. first of all being that WE GOT ASS WHIPPED.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom