Sherm
Pearl
Moten
Owens
Siekaly
Waiters
Wallace
Thompson

I picked MCW for the length at the top of the zone. Tough to leave out sherm and pearl. I like Rautins at the 2 because of his length, defense, and unselfish passing.

Let's Go Orange!!!

DC was a great PF. our best ever. but not a true 5 . he plays minutes there out of necessity but was clearly out of position. much like switching stevie t to pg . one of the greatest college wing scorers ever pushed out of position to try and get our 5 best guys on the court. proved to be a huge mistake. all that wasted talent jb couldn't quite coordinate. and yet years later we see lydon playing the 5.

Last edited:
Douglas
Moten
Anthony
Owens
Coleman

Obviously all five of those guys are legends, but I would personally swap out Moten for a lights-out shooter like Rautins. Otherwise you'd have a bunch of mediocre perimeter threats.

Obviously all five of those guys are legends, but I would personally swap out Moten for a lights-out shooter like Rautins. Otherwise you'd have a bunch of mediocre perimeter threats.

I hear you. There's no lights out, great 3 point shooter. But all 5 can make them. A few things...I know that's where the game has gone, but I not only prefer those players but also the style of ball they played over the current era.

However, I think those guys could adapt their games to the current style and take and make more 3's too. Like, I think every single one of them would be a much more prolific 3 point shooter if they played college ball right now. I think that team would be too versatile to stop, with Moten, Melo, Owens, and Coleman all being able to score in numerous ways, all being at least solid passers, and capable ball handlers...with the best passing star PG we've had to run the show.

Pearl / Sherm
? / Moten
Anthony / Wallace
Coleman / Warrick
Fab Melo / Seikaly

Starters

Pearl
Sherm
Moten
Anthony
DC

Bench

Owens
Warrick
Siekaly
Devo

Pearl (Sherm)
Dion (Moten)
Melo (Owens)
DC (Warick)
Rosy (Seikely)

Last edited:
PG - Douglas
SG - Rautins (only because of his passing/defense with so many scorers)
SF - Carmelo
PF - Owens
C - Coleman

Bench:
Pearl
Moten
Waiters
Warrick
Thomas
Wallace
Thompson

C Seikaly / Thomas
PF DC / Owens
SF Anthony / Warrick
SG Rautins / Thompson
PG Douglas / Washington

Rak Christmas, Wes Johnson, Raf Addison, DNic, Dion Waiters, MCW

Rony
DC
Melo
Devo
Sherm

others of note: Etan, Rak, Owens, JDubs, Hak, Wes, Dion, Poetry, Pearl, GMAC,

Two players from the early Dome era remain consistently underrated.
No one even mentions them.

Percentagewise, the best 3-point shooting guard the Orange have ever had was Greg Monroe.
As a senior - his only season with the rule in effect - he shot almost 44% from 3!

And it's hard to imagine a ten man team without the only SU player to have 3 career triple doubles: Leo Rautins.
Maybe THE most complete all-around player.

PG - Douglas
SG - Rautins (only because of his passing/defense with so many scorers)
SF - Carmelo
PF - Owens
C - Coleman

Bench:
Pearl
Moten
Waiters
Warrick
Thomas
Wallace
Thompson

ditto

In short-shorts, long shorts or the tightie- whitie/Orangie-era??

Always got confused on these...

Any list that doesn't include John Wallace I can't take seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom