What is your best Dome era lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is your best Dome era lineup

Any list that doesn't include Mookie Jones has problems.

The thing with these lists is constructing a team. They are all great players but how will the team work? How do they fit defensively and offensively? What era would they play in? You could construct a bunch of teams that would probably be better than just taking the best 5 players.

I'm going to assume JB is only playing 8 so I'll go with 5 starters and 3 subs.

Starters

Sherman Douglas
Andy Rautins
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Coleman
Rony Seikaly

Bench
Dion Waiters
Billy Owens
Rakeem Christmas

There are a lot of guys who are hard to leave out so I tried to go with ballance and versatility with skills. The guys I had a lot of trouble leaving off were Pearl, Jdub and Moton. I thought guys like Wes, Dnic, Shump would be great shooters and contributors off the bench but felt the other guys had more facets to their games. I also considered Stevie and Hakeem but couldn't find a way to fit them in with the others. I thought about Leo as my forward off the bench since his game would fit in with any team but how to you leave Billy out. Its an embarrassment of riches really. There where plenty of great players that I passed right over making this team. I know we have had better players than Andy, Dion and Rak but I was trying to think about the rolls each guy would play. Andy is the shooter, he played great defense and had a good all around game. If you have to go small he could play the 3. Dion is your attacker off the bench. Rak is your backup beef who can play the 4 or the 5 while providing defense and a low post presence.

Last edited:
Wallace at shooting guard. Sherm needs no help handling the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom