What NBA team is the best match for CJ? | Syracusefan.com

What NBA team is the best match for CJ?

SmilinBob

Living Legend
I don't watch the NBA all that much so I was wondering what team could he hook up with that could use his skills and give him a shot to stick?

I don't watch the NBA all that much so I was wondering what team could he hook up with that could use his skills and give him a shot to stick?
I hope his agent is competent in analyzing rosters.

He should try and hook up with one team in Orlando and a different one in Vegas to keep more options open

Miami might not be a bad place- if the Big 3 return they are going to need some cheap contracts to fill the roster. Toronto might have some roster room thanks to wasting their 1st rd pick.

Best fit for him would be a roster that needs multiple players and the team doesn't want to spend any money at all.

grab a gig overseas (say maybe milan) earn some euro ,see the world and then you can pick your own tryouts.

Hopefully Dallas! :)

But I think that his skill set would fit San Antonio very well.

I think Miami would be great. Lots of uncertainty on the roster right now and both lebron and Riley want to go younger.

a team with older/injury risk 3s would be ideal. let him be a solid practice pro and when he gets his shot at a few mins I hope he takes full advantage.

First off, going to a team that has PT available may not be best for CJ. That is likely to be a worse team and the players around him are likely to be less talented and he may be asked to do more than he is really capable of. Secondly, what summer league team you play for doesn't always reflect what team you may end up signing with. I think as others said CJ would be a nice 10th man or so on the Spurs giving him time to find his NBA niche and be able to play with great team mates. Dallas does seem like a nice fit though. They liked him. They have roster space at his position. He's not going to replace Shawn Marion but they don't need him to yet. Jae Crowder, while a nice player is not a small forward, does not have small forward skills. Crowder is an undersized 6'7" 235 lb PF.

Lastly, how does an agent allow his questionable 2nd round pick go to the draft and bring his family? What a huge let down for CJ. CJ could surprise some of us. He's never going to be a star but he does enough things well he could stick for a few years.

First off, going to a team that has PT available may not be best for CJ. That is likely to be a worse team and the players around him are likely to be less talented and he may be asked to do more than he is really capable of. Secondly, what summer league team you play for doesn't always reflect what team you may end up signing with. I think as others said CJ would be a nice 10th man or so on the Spurs giving him time to find his NBA niche and be able to play with great team mates. Dallas does seem like a nice fit though. They liked him. They have roster space at his position. He's not going to replace Shawn Marion but they don't need him to yet. Jae Crowder, while a nice player is not a small forward, does not have small forward skills. Crowder is an undersized 6'7" 235 lb PF.

Lastly, how does an agent allow his questionable 2nd round pick go to the draft and bring his family? What a huge let down for CJ. CJ could surprise some of us. He's never going to be a star but he does enough things well he could stick for a few years.

I disagree, in the NBA at this point of his career and talent level he'll never be asked to do more than he is capable of. There is far too much talent spread throughout the league for that to happen. Finding a role 10-15 minutes a game being the 4th option on the floor taking open jumpers and playing solid defense is what he is going to need. Even if an expansion team started this year and he was on it, he would have trouble finding 10 minutes a game. He needs to play, play as much as possible and hopefully scouts see something they love to where he is going to able to carve out a lengthy career in the league. Worst case, he goes to Europe and gets rich there playing basketball.

cj has the best 15-16 foot jumper from the elbow or the baseline which is lacking in both college and nba, if he can improve his other skills he will be a valuable asset to any team

cj has the best 15-16 foot jumper from the elbow or the baseline which is lacking in both college and nba, if he can improve his other skills he will be a valuable asset to any team

Ehhhh, may be missing in college but it's almost automatic at the NBA, even half the centers bang them from out there most of the time.