What really sucks is that UConn played another horrible game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What really sucks is that UConn played another horrible game

He had balls and fire. Something this team lacks. And there's no way he's worse than Chukwu.

Damn, I briefly forgot about the existence of Chukwu.

You probably win that one now, but if Chukwu got force-fed 3,500 minutes in the next three years, I'd expect him to be a lot better in terms of skills and savvy, if not production. (For now we can all agree that he's the guy who a) charged out to midcourt as the last man back on a press and b) passed up a dunk to fire a ball over the bench with one hand in what may be his last ever collegiate game.)

On one hand, there's no doubt that he'd be by far the worst scholarship player on this team.

On the other, he did know how to defend the high post and he showed that just about every game. Can't say the same about the current guards.

Yes, but he still couldn't stop a guard from going right by him and was fairly awful at closing out on shooters. Which we can kind of say about the current guards, although it seems like Battle did a good job of keeping the guard in front of him.

On one hand, there's no doubt that he'd be by far the worst scholarship player on this team.

On the other, he did know how to defend the high post and he showed that just about every game. Can't say the same about the current guards.
He knew his role, played hard and defended. He missed some shots and came up small in some big moments, but I'd take him in a heartbeat on this team.

He knew his role, played hard and defended. He missed some shots and came up small in some big moments, but I'd take him in a heartbeat on this team.
I'd take his defense and intangibles. I could do without his streaky shooting, which most of the time streaked downwards.

And yet I'd take him over all but 2 players on this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom