What team on the schedule do you want to beat most? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What team on the schedule do you want to beat most?

Just the first fourteen. Like an old coach said "We are only good enough to play one game at a time.". Penn State is up next so I want to win that one. To be updated weekly.

Penn State and it is not close. Statement game and an excellent way to shut up their obnoxious fan base.

Penn State

blog_state_penn_shower.jpg

Any and all of the ACC games and then, and only then, Penn State would be next.

Historical rivalries be damned, I wanna place as highly as possible in the ACC.

I saw some guy at the gym with a,Penn state t shirt that said "we're back".

...huh?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using TIapatalk 2

We have a great schedule this year in my opinion... a lot of good teams but at the same time a lot of winnable games (No Bama/LSU type opponents). Some restored rivalries games PSU, PITT and BC... Some nationally respected teams FSU/Northwestern/Clemson... and some new like Maryland

This is tough for me... which is why I posted it I want all your thoughts.

I'm going Penn State for following reasons:

-Old rival... and we haven't beaten them in what seems like forever
-I want to expedite their upcoming decline due to sanctions
-Sends an early season message, Cuse is for real
-National TV (i think?)
-Give Coach Shafer some recruting credibility
-Good for Northeast recruiting

Lastly, I can't stand Penn State fans...

Penn State - no question. If we open the season with a win over them, we will have a very good year, and in my opinion, finally have turned the corner with the program. I really want to see us finish no worse than 3rd in our division in the conference, and hit 7 or 8 wins again this year, going to a bowl. Even if it's the Pinstripe again, that's fine. We'll have another great turnout.

I saw some guy at the gym with a,Penn state t shirt that said "we're back".

...huh?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using TIapatalk 2

On parole?

1A Penn St, 1B Clemson, need to get new season off right, and need to start ACC home slate off with win. Need to make the Dome a bad place to come and play.

Clemson.

1st ACC game, at home - hopefully unbeaten. The ESPN writers would eat the same meal they had last year post-Louisville.

Hey come on now.

Don't take it personal. Clemson is our first ACC game, firts home ACC game and, let's face it, you're a preseason ranked team. If we win it is a statement game. That and There can be only one ORANGE!*

* We won't stress over the Cavalier pretender in the league who actually copies our color scheme any more than you do

Taking everything into consideration, I would say the first name team we play this year. Penn St fills that slot.

Penn State because:

First game, statement win would be huge
I will be there
I live among these people (PSU fans) and they truly think they will walk over SU similar to last time they were in the dome. They have no sense of the fact that SU is much improved and PSU has weakened.

Starting the season 1-0 with PSU being that W would be immense especially if we can follow it by a win over an NW team that is heavily favored despite the fact that they weren't better than SU last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom