What team on the schedule do you want to beat most? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What team on the schedule do you want to beat most?

I'm just stirring the pot a little bit here (because my pick is PSU too)... surprised there wasn't much FSU talk

That would be a hugeeee road win, especially if they are ranked in top 10... would help national reputation and Florida recruiting etc...

I'm just stirring the pot a little bit here (because my pick is PSU too)... surprised there wasn't much FSU talk

That would be a hugeeee road win, especially if they are ranked in top 10... would help national reputation and Florida recruiting etc...

It would be huge but it isn't expected to be a W especially being on the road. Nationally televised season opener vs big name program > ACC opener @ home vs top 25 team > 10th game @ top 25 ACC team. The FSU game only becomes huge if we do exceptionally well in the first 9.

I personally rank games I want to win 1)PSU 2) Clemson 3) @ NW 4) @ FSU

From the outside, Penn State would definitely seem to be the sweetest win.

But you guys really, really need to beat Northwestern. That is a barometer game, and one for the whole conference. If Penn State proves to be too much, that wouldn't shock anyone nationally.

But an ACC team like Syracuse needs to beat a Big 10 team like Northwestern. I understand that one is going to fly under the national radar compared to other high profile out of conference matchups, but I'll be keeping a close eye on that. They've been a pretty solid middle of the Big 10 performer for a few years, and it would be a good statement for where Syracuse is in their rebuilding.

I mean, we're all pronouncing it "ack," right? Everytime I see AAC I think ack. Conference alignment and roster aside even. AAC just lends itself to ack.

bill-the-cat.gif

From the outside, Penn State would definitely seem to be the sweetest win.

But you guys really, really need to beat Northwestern. That is a barometer game, and one for the whole conference. If Penn State proves to be too much, that wouldn't shock anyone nationally.

But an ACC team like Syracuse needs to beat a Big 10 team like Northwestern. I understand that one is going to fly under the national radar compared to other high profile out of conference matchups, but I'll be keeping a close eye on that. They've been a pretty solid middle of the Big 10 performer for a few years, and it would be a good statement for where Syracuse is in their rebuilding.

Northwestern is better than Penn State at this point. @ NW is the 2nd largest point spread we're getting after @ FSU. I really feel like we should beat Penn State this year and we did beat NW last year although it got taken away by the refs late. Clemson is going to be a closer match then most are expecting especially in the Dome and hands down our toughest game this year will be @ Doak Campbell.

Penn State because:

First game, statement win would be huge
I will be there
I live among these people (PSU fans) and they truly think they will walk over SU similar to last time they were in the dome. They have no sense of the fact that SU is much improved and PSU has weakened.

Starting the season 1-0 with PSU being that W would be immense especially if we can follow it by a win over an NW team that is heavily favored despite the fact that they weren't better than SU last year.

So much this. The PSU fans I know don't think we'll be more than a speed bump. Can't wait to see them when our defense gives their true freshman QB the Tom Savage treatment.

So much this. The PSU fans I know don't think we'll be more than a speed bump. Can't wait to see them when our defense gives their true freshman QB the Tom Savage treatment.

I don't think they'll roll the frosh out week 1. I expect the JUCO to start the season for them. Both teams have strong RB units but linebackerU only has 1 really solid LB while linebackerSU has about 6.

http://mbd.sc***.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=11681912

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom