What to expect from Frank Howard next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What to expect from Frank Howard next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts)

Frank will dominate and lead as he should. Big question is now that Miyers gone, who’s gonna be Tyus s roommate. I’m thinking franks got that too.

he got off to a terrible start from the arc - he was just 11/44 through the first ten games. over the rest of the season, he hit 31 of 73 threes - .425.

i think (hope) that's more indicative of his true shooting prowess

Very similar to his turnover improvement. 4.5pg the first half of the season. 2.5 the second half.

Thanks -- that view of the data actually makes a lot of sense, and certainly fits with my visceral impression of him being a fairly reliable threat from distance.

I'm envisioning him getting a lot more open looks / spot-up catch and shoot opportunities this year, which should also help drive those percentages up.

I would also point out that Battle hit 80% of his threes from multiple locations during the NBA combine shooting drills.

Our starting backcourt could be two very reliable three point shooters for once.

Twitter from James Szuba: Link
Just got off the phone with Musa Kamara (Frank Howard’s trainer). He noted that after season’s end Frank was making (open) step-back threes at a 90% clip. For the rest of the summer Musa said he’ll work with Frank on his explosiveness and that his vert is up in the late 30s.

Just got off the phone with Musa Kamara (Frank Howard’s trainer). He noted that after season’s end Frank was making (open) step-back threes at a 90% clip. For the rest of the summer Musa said he’ll work with Frank on his explosiveness and that his vert is up in the late 30s.
Frank’s about to make his case for the draft.

If Frank blows up and is a dominant force, we are final four for sure. Our zone next year may be the best zone we ever had. I believe we will be top 5 defensively. Tyus has something to prove added to a new improved Frank. Elijah may be Dion like from what I heard at practices. He’s a handful. Center is the big question mark but I believe they both come back stronger and better. If Chukwu s bad hands go away we re set

Franks going to pick 60 and get the IT connect

One of my favorite things about Frank is his toughness. He seems to be the guy on the team that talks the most trash and won't back down from opponents getting in his face. He kind of reminds me of a more mild version of Devo. Frank will be a great leader this year. So excited to have a Senior and Junior as our starting backcourt. I wasn't sure I would ever see that again.

Awesome! We could use a 90% 3-point shooter next year.

Awesome! We could use a 90% 3-point shooter next year.
Hope someone can arrange to have Frank "open" all the time next season so that he can hit that 90% open shot rate! But with four to five scorers on the cocurt at the same time, I am expecting better than last year!

Hope someone can arrange to have Frank "open" all the time next season so that he can hit that 90% open shot rate! But with four to five scorers on the cocurt at the same time, I am expecting better than last year!
With Carey and maybe battle at the 3 on the floor, Frank should get some open looks. He seemed to hit at a solid clip when he wasn’t forced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom