What type of offense would you most like to see the Orange run, ideally | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What type of offense would you most like to see the Orange run, ideally

What type of offense would you most like to see the Orange run

• Air Raid (Mike Leach at Texas Tech, Mike Gundy at OSU, Holgorsen at WVU, Sumlin's Houston)

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Spread Option (Malzahn's Auburn, RichRod's teams, Urban Meyer's Florida, Chip Kelly's Oregon)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Pistol Offense (Nevada)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Base Spread (Run and Shoot)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • West Coast Offense (What we have now, Boise State)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Pro Style/One Back (Notre Dame, Alabama, others)

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Traditional Option (GT, Navy, Army)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hair_raid_offense.JPG

air raid why the heck we are running three yards and a cloud of dust with the dome is beyond me.

Most consider it ugly and boring, but I love watching how Bama and LSU for example play. Run the ball, use it to set up the pass and play monster D. That said, I think we need to open things up and get some excitment back into the program.

In a perfect world, we would run something similar to the offenses that McNabb ran.

I have no idea, but we should be running a system that takes advantage of the Dome and the fact that we are a 3-star recruiting program.

I hate building an offense that sucks and then hearing "but just wait 'til we get more talent!". Right, the kind of 4-star-ready-to-play-from-day-1-talent that never comes to SU. Got it.

I think the best offense going right now is out of the Kelly/Malzhan mold, but for the Dome air raid makes the most sense.

Teams in all sports strategize to their home playing conditions. For some reason we've never had a football coach notice the controlled conditions of the Dome and say "You know what? I bet we could throw the pigskin in here. That's what we're going to do."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom