What was the more legendary Dome game? | Syracusefan.com

What was the more legendary Dome game?

What was the more legendary Dome game?

• Last night vs. Duke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2003 vs. Pitt (multiple court stormings; down 12 with 4 minutes left)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Depends on what happens in the next two months, I think. In hindsight, a great win by a championship team regarded more fondly than a great win by a team that didn't end up going all the way.

Even so, tough to top some of the aspects of the Pitt game: the big deficit overcome, the clutch free throws, the late go-ahead bucket, the huge crowd (after two full seasons without a 30,000 game), the upset of a woulda-been #1 team (after two years of mostly falling flat against top opponents, save for Seton Hall in 2001).

After having been a top-five program for a half-decade now, we're used to big crowds and big wins. Maybe not as impressive as last night, but big event games are less of a rarity than they were in early 2003.

The Gerry game was not a better atmosphere, but the emotion in that Dome was absurd. Half of everyone was crying.

3 OT game in the Big East Championship against Villanova and it isn't close. This game was a great win and will always be memorable but when you put a little history behind it, it won't seem nearly as momentous.

Caveat: I missed your poll...but that said I still stand by the statement.

Im not going to lie, proud to say I almost broke into some tears last night had to fight them back and still knew the look on my face wasn't masking that I was about to.

Was so proud of CJ last night so great to see him have a huge uplift he looked like a overwhelmed proud that was about to break into tears himself. Awesome seeing DC give him the hug at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom